My husband and I just spent a week in a 2 bedroom through a timeshare trade. We invited another couple to come with us since we were able to get a 2 bedroom. Overall the resort was very nice and we would stay there again. It was very family-oriented.
1. Very nice private beach. Complete with shade areas and ample beach chairs.
2. The pool and surrounding grounds were VERY nice. You hardly even pay attention to the closed hotel next door.
3. All of the rooms have an ocean view. We requested a room on a higher floor (per suggestions from trip advisor) a couple weeks before our stay and were given a room on the 7th floor with a spectacular view.
4. The hotel staff are extremely helpful and very nice. They gave us suggestions on excursions and restaurants to try in the area.
5. The hotel was very quiet and even thought it was completely booked in never felt crowded.
6. The 1 bedroom was spacious with a nice sized kitchen, dining area and living room. The living room and bedroom both have a tv and dvd. The bedroom also has a jacuzzi tub and a separate shower. It had a balcony you could access from the bedroom and living room. The studio lock-off had a small kitchenette and had it's own balcony.
7. Not once did anyone ever approach us to go to a timeshare presentation. You barely would have known they were even selling them. All they had was one sign in the lobby.
8. There is a tour company on-site called Dorado tours that offers different excursions if you don't have a car. However, if not enough people sign-up they will cancel the tour.
9. There is also a spa on-site I didn't use any of the services. But I did see someone getting a massage on the beach which looked relaxing.
10. There are tennis courts, a basketball court, ping-pong tables and a small miniature golf course on-site.
The not so great:
1. As most people already noted, the rooms really do need some updating. And our kitchen constantly had tiny ants on the counters hat looked like the were coming in from a crack on the wall. So we had to do a good amount of cleaning just to keep them at bay.
2. You get one room cleaning during a 7-day stay. But with the ant issues, which apparently was an issue or the whole property, they probably need to do it more often.
1. There are corner 2-bd units on some of the floors that include wrap-around balconies and have a different floor plan. The front desk staff said you can request one of these if an owner is not staying their the same weekend.
2. The hotel staff has list of restaurants and menus from the area. They will help you select a good restaurant and arrange for transportation if you don't want to drive. It was only $20 round trip for my husband and I to go into town.
3. I would suggest a rental car if you want to do a lot of touring of the island. Also, you need a car to get groceries etc. The store on-site only has a limited amount of food.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the beauty and charm of Dorado, Puerto Rico in luxury. Hyatt Hacienda Del Mar, A Hyatt Residence Club invites you to experience paradise and true serenity at this beachfront resort, located just 25 miles from San Juan and situated on the famed Dorado Beach. Your worries and cares will drift out to sea with the warm tropical breezes as you soak up the sun on our private beach or poolside. Play a round of golf at one of the nearby championship golf courses or rejuvenate with a spa treatment at the Spa Del Sol. Plan a day trip to the El Yunque Rainforest or soar through the skies like an eagle hang gliding. Fun in the sun awaits with nearby water sports including windsurfing, jet skiing, snorkeling, kayaking, catamarans, deep-sea fishing and horseback riding. Visit historic Old San Juan founded in 1591, explore the Camuy Caverns–third largest cave system in the western hemisphere–or take a free tour of the Bacardi Rum Distillery. Let our friendly, professional staff take care of arranging your activities both near and far. Hyatt Hacienda Del Mar features spacious studio, one-bedroom and two-bedroom beachfront accommodations, some of which include full kitchens and jetted spa tubs. Enjoy on-site amenities like tennis, mini-golf, basketball court, sand volleyball court, game room and a state-of-the-art fitness center featuring LifeFitness equipment, free weights, exercise cycles, and treadmills. Enjoy lunch and your favorite tropical drink at the Blu Bohio Bar and Grill or take it surfside if you wish. At the Hyatt Hacienda Del Mar on Dorado Beach, you'll discover all the fun, sun and excitement that have made Puerto Rico a legendary getaway. Please contact the resort directly to reconfirm your reservations if necessary. This is a non-smoking resort. Guests must be at least 21 years of age to check-in. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your Hyatt Hacienda Del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Hacienda Del Mar Hotel Dorado
- Hyatt Hotel Dorado
- Hyatt Resort Dorado
- Hyatt Dorado
- Hyatt Cerromar
- Dorado Hyatt