Hyatt Residence Club Dorado, Hacienda del Mar
  • Restaurant
  • Free Internet
S.J. Suites(San Juan)
View Hotel
All reviewstime shareabandoned hotel next doortennis courtspuerto ricopalm treestwo bedroom unitkiddie poolfull kitchenprivate beachbeach volleyballbeach barminiature golf coursewasher dryerminutes from san juanabandoned buildingjust returned from a weekdaily activities
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 5, 2011

It's funny to read the recent reviews because we had very similair problams. We arrived at 5pm and our room wasn't ready either, check in is at 4pm. When I asked for a late check out since it's at 10am they said no. The room smelled like moldy socks, the air cond. didn't work very well and all our food was warm after we put it in the frig over night. The service was terrible the staff was rude and the place definately needed updating. There was no luggage cart availble and we had to park across to another parking lot. When we checked in the tried to charge me for my room when it was paid in full, that took 30 minutes to straighten out. I was rushed to check out since it's at 10 am and left a bag of food and an unopened bottle of wine in my room, the maid was entering the room to clean it as we left so I know he saw it within minutes of us leaving. We never recieved a call or anything about it and I didn't realize this for several days later. So to the maid an dyour family, "I hope you enjoyed MY wine!!!" DON'T STAY HERE, YOU WILL BE VERY DISSAPPOINTED!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank funinthesun4141
Reviewed July 4, 2011

We were looking for a quiet, uncrowded place to enjoy the weather and relax during spring break. We found it at the Hyatt Hacienda. Our 2 bedroom condo was very comfortable and suited our needs very well. We found excellent restaurants in the area and convenient grocery stores to supply us for breakfast and lunch. The staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 23, 2011

My wife and I recently visited Puerto Rico for the first time and stayed at the Hyatt Hacienda Del Mar. On first view, we were favorably impressed with this ocean front property and general facities. However, it was soon evident that this property has not been maintained up to Hyatt's normal standards and that the adjoining hotel, casino and shared amenities (water slide) have been closed for several years. On closer inspection, the lobby and guest rooms are in need of serious updating; ranging from a fresh coat of paint to new mattress and bedding, to a serious overhaul of the air conditioning. More specifically, our room and bathroom could have benefited from a serious, in-depth cleaning.

We learned that the adjoining properties have been acquired by a new developer and will be demolished and then rebuilt over the next few years. We were also informed that the Hyatt intends to update the Hacienda Del Mar in conjunction with the redevelopment of the adjoining properties. From our perspective, the demolition and construction of a new hotel and casino will be extremely noisy and not a very restful environment for a vacation. I doubt my wife and I will return to the Hacienda Del Mar in the foreseeable future.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
9  Thank Richard F
Reviewed June 8, 2011

HORRIBLE!!! DO NOT WASTE YOUR TRADE WITH THIS PLACE! Check in is at 4:00! The front desk would not let me check in until 5:00 PM, repeatedly saying the room is being cleaned....then move me to another room??? NOPE, they refused saying that only certain rooms are available for people who exchange into hyatt. OMG...then at check out they are banging on your door BEFORE 10AM when check out is at 10am....DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT WASTE YOUR WEEK ON THIS PLACE! the inside of the unit is so outdated, from the 70's...worn out old! the kitchen has fake cabinet fronts that do not open, and again are all worn out....the shower is tiny and has a dirty old curtain on it. and worn out old uncleanable grout/tile....the metal shelf in the shower is all tarnished and old....IT IS JUST AN OLD OLD OUTDATED PLACE....I FEEL SO SORRY FOR THE OWNERS OF HERE! THE ENTIRE PLACE NEEDS TO BE GUTTED AND REDONE! IT DEFINATELY HAS POTENTIAL BUT DOES NOT MEET UP TO HYATT STANDARDS!!!!! beds are old and lumpy, pillows are flat.....you can not see the ocean from your balcony as there are too many palm trees blocking the view!!! Bottom line, It is just tooo tooo OLD and outdated !

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KJMB
Reviewed May 31, 2011

I traveled with my Mom & 3 kids. My first child turned 4 when we were there and my twins were less than 9 months. Totting 3 small kids, I wanted a place with a kitchen & location on the beach so we would never have to leave the resort. This place had both and I was surprised by the size of the kiddie pool. They also have daily activities for young kids, like coloring contest, painting, family bingo, arts & crafts, etc. Before we arrived at the hotel we had the driver stop at the grocery store. I picked up bread & cold cuts, chicken wings, bagels & cream cheese, cereal, milk, salad, etc and a birthday cake & balloons for the birthday party. My mom ate at the resort restaurant once, but I never had to eat out! I did have some drinks though. They gave us 2 cribs and 2 high chairs for our stay which was also great! Our trip was easy & very relaxing.

The only negative things were that the place did feel icky. I never mentioned the reviews to my mom about the place not feeling clean and she brought it up on her own. She said it's not cleaned well and had a mildew feeling/smell. One day the floor felt so yucky I couldn't even bare to take my shoes off. If any staff or owners read this I would like to suggest airing the place out and cleaning w/ bleach, ammonia, lysol etc after each stay. Also replacing the dark comforters with airy fluffy white ones will give it a more clean feel. Maybe doing the same for the curtains too! Of course it would be awesome if the bathrooms were updated too, but I understand this is not a luxury hotel so I can deal with it.

Overall very relaxing trip and good for families. I don't think I'd come here if it was just me & my spouse or if our children were older (like preteen/teenage), but it met all my current needs and I would consider coming back.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family