“Don't Bother!!”
Review of Made In Puerto Rico - CLOSED

Made In Puerto Rico
Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin, Puerto Rican, Spanish
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: New restaurant just opened.
Virginia
“Don't Bother!!”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

This place was recommended to us if we wanted to eat authentic Puerto Rican food. Don't bother!!! It was terrible. I ordered the chicken with plantain. My chicken was so over cooked and hard you could barely bite into it. You also did not know what part of the chicken you were eating. The plantain was also over fried that it was tough as leather. It had no taste. Perhaps a little powered sugar would have made it taste a little better, for leather. Anyway, seriously, don't bother. It's not a place to waste your money.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank mamastaats

Olytwins
“Not what we expect!!!”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

It was very dessapointed, we get there at 7 pm, the place was full, I had reservation but I have to wait until they seat everyone in front of us, we were put in a waiting list, WHATT!! So why you need a reservation for!?!?! When we get seated, the place is cool and the decor is nice it really transport you to different PR. era.We order the Pica'era it looks and taste like it was re-fried, the longaniza from Orocovis, pleaseee!! It was terrible dry!! and dark looks like morcilla!! ewwww!!
In the group we order 4 dishes, Mofongo with chicken in criole sauce, the taste was good and fresh but very dry, there was very little creole sauce. Also we order the Chicken breast stuffed with ripe plantains with rice and beans, the chicken good but the rice was dry with pegao', really hard to eat, the beans were sweet. My son order the Pastelon, OMG!! look like it was from last week, the cheese on top look like a piece of plastic, it was heated on a microwave so the taste was terribleeee!!! You can even cut thru. The service was Ok, but not optimus. For me it gaves the food from other parts of the island a bad representation. I'm from PR. so I tasted food from everywhere and this restaurand didn't represent what puertorican food is. You can eat better food in a cafeteria for much less!!!

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Olytwins
Puerto Rico
“Good to try but not to return”
Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

First the pros:
- very nice atmosphere and decorations. Even Te ceiling was painted as the sky which was very nice
- Free valet parking
- I liked that the employees were dressed as jibaros and they where always "on character"
- the pitorro shot was very very delicious.
- great live music!

Cons
- we had reservations and the restaurant was half empty yet we still had to wait about 20 minutes to be seated
- it's quite pricey
- the flavor of the mofongo and The rice and beans was unremarkable.
- slow service overall
- our bill of 35 dollars had a "suggested" tip of 10 dollars written by the waiter

All in all it was a nice place to visit but one I would not be returning. You can get authentic puertican food And much tastier at a cheap cafeteria.

1 Thank Simara
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“cozy, friendly, authentic & slamming food!”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

The service is very good and if you are a native, you'll understand the slang they use. The food is rich in flavor and tastes very much like a home cooked meal. I love the jibaro Puerto Rican theme. They now have one in the metro area (isla verde) and its just as good. I love this place!

• Visited June 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Terrible service”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

After waiting at the table for 20 minutes without even a server stopping by, we left and went to Piu Bello where it is fantastic.

• Visited October 2012