Embassy Suites by Hilton Dorado del Mar Beach Resort
$140
Travelocity
  • Pool
Comfort Inn & Suites Levittown(Toa Baja)(Great Value!)
$121
Hotwire.com
$148
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,838 results
All reviewsevening receptionpuerto ricopool areafree happy hourdorado del marfree breakfastgated communitynice poolfamily vacationhot tubself parkingsmall beachrental carpublic beachhotel restaurantold san juanper day
Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

I usually stay here for business. It is a nice place to stay. Staff is nice and speak very good English. They will try to help you out in anyway possible to make your stay better. There is valet parking, but the self parking is cheaper and just around the corner by casino. Casino is on same property. There is a Japanese restaurant across from hotel. It is pretty good. There is a Walgreen's and cvs up the street if you forget anything. Room service is great. Rooms are a bit dated, but are large. Workout room is good, but the tv's on the treadmills don't work properly. Beach is walking distance. Breakfast is good. I enjoy staying here.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Abel02
Reviewed January 7, 2014

This is a very old Embassy Suites property. My room had a number of issues including peeling paint and broken bathroom tiles. I really never had the sense the room was clean. Not pleasant at all. I only ate the morning breakfast one day as the food was cold and not good. The pool and beach areas were not impressive either. I will also say the single worst valet parking experience I have ever had was at this property. Each and every time I wanted to leave the property I had to search for valet people. The wait was ridiculous and three different times in 6 days my keys couldn't be located because they were tagged incorrectly. On one occasion I found the valet staff and a few others guys huddled up trying to remove a security tag from a pair of tennis shoes. While interesting, not exactly the vacation one might be looking. for. This will be my one and only experience here.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank travelingcoroner
Isaias R, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dorado del Mar Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Dear travelingcoroner:

Thank you for staying with us at our hotel. I appreciate your honesty and sincerely apologize if you found our hotel to lack the value you expected from us. We are always looking for reviews to provide insight into our hotel as this is an area we are actively examining. I welcome any additional comments or suggestions you would like to share.

Your business is very important to us and I sincerely hope that you give us another opportunity and consider returning again. In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please feel free to contact me. We are always listening to our guests!

Isaias Rodriguez

Reviewed January 7, 2014

We always stay at this hotel for the first day or 2 when we travel to Puerto Rico- it is far enough from the traffic of San Juan but not too far to drive from the airport after travelling. The hotel property is very nice- it is surrounded by a golf course on one side and the ocean on the other. The rooms are typical Embassy Suites- large and clean. One of the real gems of this hotel is the pool. The pool is large and the pool area is well maintained. One time we were there my kids were outside in the pool and it started raining and they had an absolute blast. They still talk about that night and giggle almost 2 years later. During the day, the pool has a stand that has towels available for guest along with some pool rafts/noodles for use in the pool. If you prefer the beach, you just have to walk past the pool to get there.

The hotel does have a breakfast- it gets kind of crowded, but we always just grabbed some food and ate up in the room. They also have a happy hour at night with free drinks and snacks down in the lobby. The one thing about the hotel food in the restaurant, it is just that, hotel food and a little expensive. That is our one complaint about Dorado overall, there is not a lot of authentic Puerto Rican food- but with a short drive it is not hard to find some good pinchos, pastelillos or mofongo.

If you have a rental car, the hotel has a parking garage with ample parking. There is a fee to use it but it's reasonable.

The staff are helpful and friendly.

We will be back on our next trip.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank mcguillicudy
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Our first trip to PR, we chose the Embassy Suites in Dorado because we needed the extra space and it had all the amenities we were looking for--most importantly a beachfront location. The hotel is about a half mile to a mile walk (through the property) to Dorado itself, a small community a half hour from San Juan. There are number of restaurants in town a short cab ride away, but most of the major attractions are long car ride away. That was OK, you just have know that going into it. We have stayed at Embassy Suites before, and knew we could count on a decent hotel. The room was nicer than we expected and the pool area was pretty good too. The beach has it's pluses and minuses. It's on the small side. It's technically public but because of it's location it might as well be a private beach for the hotel. There is what appears to be a man-made rock wall that creates a "cove", which keeps the water calm, which eventually made the older kids a little bored, and there are no beaches with big waves in walking distance. The Embassy Suites cooked to order breakfast was up to the usual standards, but the rest of the food was hit or miss.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
1  Thank David G
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Property is clean, but could use some updating.
Front desk staff was excellent, couldn't help enough.
If you are eating at the pool during the day, order as soon as you think you might be hungry, it will take about an hour to receive food after you have ordered.
And if you plan to do any exploring of the Island, renting a car is a good option. Location is good since it is quiet and secure, but the nearest store is 1/2 to one mile away. Just make sure you have a navigation system.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo