Embassy Suites by Hilton Dorado del Mar Beach Resort
Comfort Inn & Suites Levittown(Toa Baja)(Great Value!)
$119
Good 3.5/5
$227
Hotwire.com
  • Pool
Hotel Milano(San Juan)(Great Value!)
$113
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
Very Good 4/5
1,828 results
All reviewsevening receptionpuerto ricopool areafree happy hourdorado del marfree breakfastgated communitynice poolfamily vacationhot tubself parkingsmall beachrental carpublic beachhotel restaurantold san juanper day
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I redeemed a lot of Hilton HHonors points to get two nights of "oceanview unobstructed" and I was quite pleased with the room. Up on the 7th floor, my suite (same layout as every other Embassy Suite where I've ever stayed) had a super balcony with a great view of the ocean and the pool area. Quiet and with no noise from the atrium or the neighbors, I can not complain about the room at all. Where the hotel let me down was... - The "welcome gift" that I had ordered to the room on the Internet was not there when we arrived at the requested time. It was another hour. - Breakfast was awful. If you want to wait in line for the cooked-to-order omelet, great. Otherwise, scrambled "eggs", bacon, sausage and fried potatoes. I would say that I've had better at most hotels. - Room service was slow. It took over an hour to get two sandwiches, which arrived barely warm. - We went out for two hours from 11:00 AM to past 1:00 PM, but when we returned out room had not been cleaned. We decided it just wasn't worth it and went without. - The fridge was very cold. In the morning, my bottle of water was an ice block. Parking is available on site, either self-park in the large parking deck or the valet will do it for you for about 50% more money. As a Hilton "Gold", my Internet was free. But my complaints might not be your complaints. If you just want a nice room with a nice beach, you might find this to be a five star property.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Had a great time, pools were great and open until late..Clean and beautiful..Rooms were great.Friendly staff.Price is high but thats common in PR.Great breakfast buffet is included.Not much to do but pool and kareoke but its close to many other things.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 30, 2013

The hotel was average, but the price was right. It was a lot further from San Juan then we expected. Since we had a rent a car we could get around, but otherwise we would have been stuck at the resort. The parking is a walk from the hotel which was irritating. The hotel was an average Embassy Suites. The pool area is nice, but only entertaining for the kids for a day or two. The beach is public and not very big, but is nice and calm. The hotel is adjacent tow timeshare building that also share the pool and beach. The manager cocktail was good and they made just about any drink.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Just what we needed! A family oriented, clean and friendly place to just relax by the pool with the children. Our boys are 9 and 11 years old and they loved the pool and beach combo! They even had a large selection of board games and family activities to entertain us on a few rainy evenings. I would definitely recommend and would stay again!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 29, 2013

For food and beverage, There was quite the wait for the evening reception which made the amenity quite non existent. Should hire more staff to accommodate the crowd or use the bar instead of a separate room. The billing for parking is also quite silly. for billing and rates, adding a Resort fee is quite misleading. Another reason I would stay at a local Hotel or motel since the benefit for a resort is quite marginal gain me anything in this area. for Parking, 11 dollars a day to house my car as well as pay for a room is quite silly. I prefer local hotels / motels for such reasons since they provide a secure parking spot for my car included in my stay. for hotel amenities, the beach was infested with beach fleas and was very annoying. The beach was quite opposite of what I would expect for a caribbean beach a very narrow view if the horizon was available due to the use of rocks as surf or wave barriers. It almost made it feel like i was in a shallow lake and not the beach due to all the rocks on the floor of the beach and the artificial wave breaks. You may want to re architect your beach or take notes form Luquillo Beach as to what a beach should look like. my only reason for staying here was due to some friends in the same hotel. My concerns have been voiced to them and they agree that this location is not one they would stay at again due to most of the concerns above, but most of all the silly beach front of the resort pretty much the main reason for staying at this location.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Adrian H
Edna G, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dorado del Mar Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and leaving such a detailed review. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations and to make your stay is as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

It is my hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay.

If I can provide any assistance, do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Edna Garcia