Embassy Suites by Hilton Dorado del Mar Beach Resort
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Dorado
Anoka, Minnesota
“Trip to Dorado”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

The Embassy Suites in Dorado is a nice hotel. DO NOT EAT at the HOTEL RESTRUANT!!!!! If you are looking for the worse service and all kinds of excuses go ahead and eat there. Besides the service being bad the food is TERRIBLE!!!! I am not speaking from one time visit, everyone from my company has said the same thing. It's an inside joke that they don't tell you until you have gotten the experience of terrible service and even worse food.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Toby P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

Golfers Den,Iguanas playground, Managers Evening Reception With Drinks n Snacks, Wonderful Hot n Fresh morning Breakfast with Typical Suite Roooms n Comfort of Embassy Suites Fame set a perfect mood for Beach n Sea lovers. Fabulous Beach n Seafront with Swimming pool activities make an wonderful weekend retreat for family.

• Stayed January 2013
Isaias R, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dorado del Mar Beach Resort, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Hola deep90gupta:

Wow a perfect rating, that certainly makes my day, great to hear you had a good experience in our property, Hope I can welcome you to a future stay in our hotel.

Have a great day!!!

Midlothian, Texas
Reviewed March 16, 2013

The good:
* Dorado is a nice town with plenty of restaurants and stores.
* Dorado is centrally located
* Large, clean rooms
* With few exceptions, very good customer service
* Big breakfast in the mornings
* Nice pool
* the kids looked forward to popcorn every day during cocktail hour.
Not so good:
* The beach area is small and not very clean
* Hotel food was good but not great, same choices for breakfast every day with very little variety.

Room Tip: Our room was on the west side, fifth floor and we had a great view of Dorado beach.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank DevilDog77
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed March 15, 2013

The Dinner meals are very poor. Service in the dinning room was extremely poor.
The server didn't even know what he was serving when he presented the plate to a co-worker.
My meal was the worst that I had on a 7 day visit.

Room Tip: Don't eat dinner at this hotel.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Isaias R, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dorado del Mar Beach Resort, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I understand that you were disappointed regarding our dinner quality. I sincerely apologize if this caused you any inconveniences. I thank you for bringing this to my attention and assure you that your comments will be taken into consideration. Your business is extremely important to us and I apologize if you were inconvenienced in any way.

Again, please accept my apologies and I make myself available should you have any further questions.
France
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Overall was a very good choice for us. It is remote, difficult if you don't have a car... about a mile walk to convenience stores. Pool was a bit cooler than expected, hot tub was also cooler than expected, and very small for a hotel this big... many times it was just too full to use. There were really only two seat areas in the hot tub, that could hold 2-3 people -- but one of those areas would regularly hit you with cold water, pretty unpleasant. Strong chemical odor when we first checked in, but opening the door for an hour to the balcony took care of that. Nice still water in the protected lagoon, but bring water shoes if you want to spend a lot of time there, there are some sea urchins. Overall not too crowded, great breakfast, nice managers hour as expected.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank steds1991
Dear steds1991:

Thanks for your review, we appreciate both your positve and not so positive comments, I have noted these deficiencies and have notified the corresponding staff of the hotel in order to correct these issues. Hope you would return to our property in a future visit to PR.

Have a nice day!

Concord, New Hampshire
Reviewed March 14, 2013

GREAT location to everything we wanted to visit ( ie, Rainforest , Farajdo, San Juan , Ponce, ect.... ) We did day trips every other day and the days we stayed at the resort were wonderful! Great staff. Awesome pool and private beach area. 2 hour cocktail party everynight for free. Dinner was very good with Puerto Rican foods like Mofongo. Breakfast was perfect. Very very clean ! Would go back in a heart beat <3

Room Tip: We spent a little extra for the ocean view and was not disappointed !
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Pcheff
Hi Pcheff :

Thank you for placing your review, it is always nice to read good comments about our guests experiences, I am happy we met your expectations and look forward to your repeat business.

Have a great day!

Houston, Texas
Reviewed March 14, 2013

The Embassy Suites Dorado del Mar was wonderful! It started before I even got there - I had to change up my reservation to stay an extra few days and it was so easy to take care of. A phone call and an email confirmation later, I had the same room extended for the week. It's very easy to get to from San Juan - the GPS and directions got me right to the door. All the staff were very nice and even started to recognize me after a few days. The complimentary breakfast is as good as what I make at home. The pool and private beach area are great. Even a small glitch with the self-parking was quickly and easily taken care of by Israel at the front desk. The price and all the amenities were more than worth a little drive to do some sightseeing in Old San Juan and El Yunque. I have nothing bad to say!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank makniedler
Dear makniedler :

Thank you so much for such a great review, I am happy we delivered our promise of service and quality, hope I have the oportunity to greet you in a future visit.

Have a beautiful day!

Isaias Rodriguez
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dorado
Condado Vanderbilt Hotel
4.0 of 5 bubbles 6,872 reviews
Embassy Suites by Hilton San Juan Hotel & Casino
San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Dorado del Mar Beach Resort? Share your experiences!