This hotel has several positives and negatives. The positives are the rooms are very large, great views from balcony. Nice pool, good breakfast, and the room and hotel was clean. The gym was small but not crowded. The arcade was also small but our kids still played in there a couple of times. The spa was very good and inexpensive. Valet attendants were nice and quick and even manually unlocked all doors. Our rental was a basic corrolla no power anything. It was nice to have wireless internet and a business room to do our online checkin going home. It was nice having the free drinks for two hours daily and the water at the pool. It was also nice having a fridge and microwave in the room. There are several restaurants nearby which was also nice. The negatives were the beach was very small and very dirty. That being said it wasn't crowed which I guese could be a positive. There is a Dorado beach which was a close drive that was much nicer. There were a lot of speed bumbs going up the road to the hotel which wouldn't bother me since I was in a rental but others went so slow that I had to pass people everyday. You had to use your door key to use the elevator which was annoying. Had to have key out all of the time. Had to have it for arcade, gym, elevator, room, gate to beach, business center room etc. Didn't think that was necessary since the hotel is on a gated speed bump road. The hotel is far from attractions so you will need a rental car and you will have to pay to park it. Wasn't much diference in regular parking or valet so we chose valet. Regular parking had a lond walk. Don't feel you should have to pay to park at a hotel your staying at. They know most people will have to have a rental car since there is nothing to do that is close. We put over 400 miles on our rental during the week. I also didn't think you should have to pay a separate resort fee. With paying that the internet, drinks, water, etc weren't really free. All in all it was a nice hotel but we wouldn't go back. Mainly because we won't be back to puerto rico. The Camuy cave, the forts, and the rain forest were nice but not worth going back to see again. The traffic can be bad at times and there are a lot of toll fees while driving.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only all suite beachfront resort in Puerto Rico offering a peaceful alternative to bustling San Juan, our beachfront resort is located in the charming town of Dorado, and only a short drive to the capital city. This relaxing retreat offers spacious two room suites and tropical views from your balcony. This resort also offers great value with free made-to-order breakfast and an evening reception. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, HotelsClick, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Dorado del Mar Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Dorado Del Mar Beach And Golf Resort
- Embassy Suites Dorado Del Mar Beach & Golf Hotel Dorado
- Puerto Rico Embassy Suites
- Dorado Embassy Suites