“great food”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
San German, Puerto Rico
“great food”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

great place servis good good food like in argentina family loves it nice town clse to hotels beachs hi way

Visited March 2012

Puerto Rico
“Deception”
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Do not give what they offer. Less 8 oz. steak and they offer 12 ox

Moscow, Russia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing restaurant in Puerto Rico”
Reviewed September 29, 2011

My friend Santino took me here last weekend for dinner. This restaurant is quite amazing from the décor to the service. The waiters acted cool but they really paid attention to what the diners doing. I just made a glance around and one of them came immediately to help me out. I would recommend the Churraso on Pampa’s menu. The best I have eaten since my last visit to Puerto Rico 3 years ago.

• Visited September 2011
Rincon, Puerto Rico
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A mixed experience.”
Reviewed May 27, 2011

The service was very good, the side dishes were very good, the Mamposteao rice was the best I have ever had. However, this is an argentinian restaurant specializing in meats, and the parrillada platters (we had two for a group of 6) were tasty but grossly overcooked. We requested a medium churrasco, and it came well done, and the chicken was so dry and tough it was inedible. They should pay a lot more attention to the cooking process or send the cook to cooking school.

• Visited May 2011
1 Thank HJJ_G
Amarillo, Texas
“Not what some say here”
Reviewed April 21, 2011

I guess that sometimes our expectations, state of mind, and attitudes color the way we perceive similar situations.

Pampa's was recommended by a friend, as a classy and elegant restaurant. In spite of the negative comments that I read here, my dinner there was a great one. Service was good, the waiter and even the owner stopped often by our table during our dinner, to see how it was going. We asked for a pitcher of Sangria with our meal. The Sangria was delicious and deceptively sweet. It was by the last 1/4 of the pitcher that we realized that we were not cheated in the alcohol department, as so many Sangria usually are just juice with a little wine.

The bread they served was made from scratch, fresh, tasty and the butter with guava (How do they do that!) was a particularly exotic flavor I had rarely tasted outside the Mesones Gastronómicos. Mesones Gastronómicos (Gastronomic Inns) are places that serve gourmet level authentic Puertorican food by the PR Tourism Department.

I had the Churrasco with Mofongo (this is mashed plantains Puertorican style), well done. My wife had the Dorado in a light buttery sauce she had asked for, instead of the creamy one they usually serve it with. Changing the sauce on request we thought was a very nice touch, as most places have a "This is what we have, so take it or leave it" attitude.
I asked for the steak to be well done, and it was indeed very well done (meaning in the congratulatory sense) The steak was juicy, tender and delicious, with the right amount of seasoning. My Argentinian purist friends make a mean Churrasco, and the one from Pampa has nothing to envy from theirs. The Mofongo with chicken broth was soft and fresh, with a fragrant hint of garlic so deserving of this side dish. It was so delicious that I left nothing on the plate. My wife enjoyed the freshness of the Dorado (no freezer taste here) and the delicate sauce they prepared, complemented the delicate and semi-firm texture of the fish. Not too soft or too hard. It was like slicing warm butter. What little was left, my wife refused to abandon, with the same determination as a treasure hunter takes with him the last scrap of gold.

The ambiance was quiet, perfect for adults seeking a relaxed dinner. Their bar was next to the dinning room, and the bartender could actually make a competent "Orgasmo". No small feat if you consider the number of places that have an attendant with barely the skills to dispense beer and make a mediocre Cubalibre.

For our next visit we are going back to Pampa's, but this time we will try the Spanish themed area, next to the bar and the lobby. From what we gathered as we left the dinning area, the atmosphere there seems more festive, like a Madrid bar with music and the obligatory ham leg hanging from the ceiling.

All taken into consideration, our visit to Pampas was a delightful one. What happened when the unsatisfied customers dinned there? I have no idea, but the Pampas I experienced had nothing to do with the one that received bad reviews.

• Visited March 2011