I was in Mayaguez for three nights on business. My room was clean and served me well for working and sleeping. The management should cut back on the perfume. It was horrible when I checked in, then I requested that housekeeping not add more while I was there, so it got better (the window opened slightly). I had an upgraded or executive floor room (something like that). I liked the view of the ocean far off and the roosters close by. Although the hotel web site said there were complimentary beverages/snacks in the evening, there was no such thing, so be prepared for plan B. When I asked about it, they simply said there was nothing, but that evening I found two delicious cookies in my room (I guess that made up for it or was to be seen as a bribe). The service was friendly and helpful. I prepaid, but they tried to charge me again anyway. The lady at the desk made that disappear immediately and grimaced a bit, as if someone in accounting was making mistakes that she had to mop up. I had breakfast in the restaurant twice; the waiters were friendly and accommodating, including when I was in a big hurry. The fitness center is old, but it works and is certainly better than nothing--I used one of two treadmills. I think there was also a bike and some free weights in there. Parking is a problem, because although they will tell you to park anywhere, the casino fills up with locals and you may have to park far away from the lobby if you come back after 9 pm. Not cool for a woman alone, though the exterior is well lit -- I felt safe. Having been to Mayaguez before, I was satisfied with the hotel for a business trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located, with all the spectacular attractions of Porta Del Sol within easy reach, Holiday Inn & Tropical Casino Mayaguez, is the ideal place to stay when your vacation or business trip takes you to the city of Mayaguez and Puerto Rico's stunning west coast. From Holiday Inn & Tropical Casino Mayaguez you can drive to an incredible water park, bowling alleys, golf courses and some of the most beautiful beaches in the Caribbean. Puerto Rico's only zoo is minutes away from the comfort of your room. Holiday Inn & El Tropical Casino welcomes you! Book your Mayaguez hotel reservations today for the upcoming events, Mayaguez University Graduation, RUM Mayaguez University Job Fair, Punta Borinquen Golf Club and Club Deportivo Del Oeste Golf Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, IHG, Hotwire, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Mayaquez & Tropical Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Mayaquez & Tropical Hotel Mayaguez
- Holiday Inn Mayaquez And Tropical Casino
- Holiday Inn Mayaguez
- Mayaguez Holiday Inn