“Hoopie Kids”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Cabo Rojo, Puerto Rico
“Hoopie Kids”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

This is the in place, prices are very reasonable. food is excellent. Ambience is very good. Ths food is excellent and the have a wonderful variety and surprie you with daily soups and other entries.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank amadeonazario

mayaguez
“Real fresh seafood - wish it was in San Juan”
Reviewed March 11, 2012

Best lobster salad I have ever tasted... same for the fried snapper ! They also have fresh chapin... Appetizers : arañitas, surullitos, bolitas de queso, you name it!

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank smunoz
Los Angeles, California
“...”
Reviewed July 21, 2011

People tell me about this restaurant and I just show up to taste but I been n betters in Puerto Rico is in a very hide place and little scary, we was alone and we was thinking that the menu was amazing and has something different from other restaurant I've been visiting during my vacations the place is old and by my surprise I find a hair in my meal well was no good at all I don't recommended waste of money

• Visited July 2011
Mayaguez, Puerto Rico
“Good main dishes, average appetizers, friendly service”
Reviewed August 18, 2010

Our family went to this restaurant a couple of days ago, at the time there was only one other costumer at the restaurant (maybe because it was on a Tuesday), after looking around for a waiter we found one and were promptly seated and after that the service was very good (friendly and attentive). About the appetizers, we first had the garlic bread which was burnt, the corn sticks were hard as a rock, the fried fish balls had a strange texture but tasted ok, the mini turnover were also just ok. About the food, first of all they were out of two items, but it was good, we had Snapper filet, Filet Mignon, parmesan Chicken breast, and grill chicken breast all were great. The best dish was the Snapper filet with Shrimp covered with parmesan cheese and sauce, and the worst were the nuggets which were under season (completely bland). Also had the Jarama Steak Special, the steak was nice but it had a weird taste that I couldn't figure out the spice that was making it taste that way. We didn't have dessert. The restaurant could use a little remodeling because I found it kind of dark and dated. Overall it was nice and despite its flaws I found some things good enough to give this restaurant another try.

Missouri
“Great Food And Service”
Reviewed June 4, 2008

You have the best of both worlds, seafood and meats. Its in Mayaguez so you dont have to go farther to another town called Cabo Rojo to eat seafood. The restaurant was recomended by the staff of the hotel where we stayed and they where right, it was great. They have a big menu so we had no problem ordering something we liked, I had a fried whole red snapper, it was my first time and believe me, wont be my last.

2 Thank dasb01pr