“Good lunch spot after touring El Morrow”

El Picoteo de Tapas y Paellas
Ranked #137 of 1,047 Restaurants in San Juan
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 20, 2013

On a very hot day, I would have liked more cold options on the menu. The gazpacho and ceviche were very good, however. Friend calamari was very nice too. Sit on the veranda under the fans to try to cool off.

There are newer reviews for El Picoteo de Tapas y Paellas

Reviewed August 22, 2013

but it can be very warm sitting at the counter due to the brick oven - better to sit in the patio...frozen drinks when the machine was working

Reviewed August 17, 2013

We were staying at El Convento so very convenient to eat tapas here for dinner. Fabulous food. Great Service. The waiter proudly told us we had chosen fantastic lamb from New Zealand - ironic but awesome to be on the other side of the world and eating lamb from home!

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Since this placed is rated among the most romantic and best restaurants in OSJ, my husband and I decided to visit while staying at El Convento. We were thoroughly disappointed. Though the ambiance is romantic, the food was greasy, soggy, and tasteless. We ordered the gazpacho, which was the only yummy item we had, as well as the papas bravas, Argentinian sausage, and manchego pizza. The last three items were surprisingly below average. I am not really picky with restaurants, but for the price we paid (over $60 per person) for a small meal, we were very disappointed. Even the cocktail I had, their version of a mojito, was way too acidic and their flan tasted almost boxed. Save your money. There are plenty of other places within walking distance that are yummier and more budget-friendly.

1  Thank Ileana P
Reviewed July 28, 2013

This is a hotel a that is part of El Convento hotel, but can hold its own as a stand alone. I am sure many people visit and don't realize they are in the hotel until they are seated and look around. The environment is absolutely beautiful and is a wonderful place to sit back and enjoy tapas. We started with a pitcher of sangria which was extremely fresh and very good. My family of four order two tapas each with suggestions from our main server. She was very helpful and attentive, but also knew when to leave us be. We are not vegans, but I think this would be a good dinning choice for people that do not eat meat. All of the vegetarian selections were very good. (And so was everything else). I wish I remembered each dish we ordered, but the sangria did its job so I am no help there. These were not the best tapas we have had, but certainly really good and worth the trip.