“Stay away!!”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Boston, MA
“Stay away!!”
Reviewed February 2, 2009

We figured this was a good place since the line was out the door. We waited about 20 minutes. Apparently if you want in you can just tip the host and he'll take you right around the line.

Once seated "inside" the service was slow at best. At this point we were just looking for a meal. The meal was terrible at all levels. Cold or just wrong. They said if we wanted it fixed we could wait another 30 minutes.

To add insult to injury I only used my credit card once in San Juan at this restaurant and somehow two days later we found we had fraud on the card. Same goes for the couple with us.

Stay away and try something else...

2 Thank sparky_boston

Kansas
“Great Suprise!”
Reviewed January 17, 2009

My wife and I were very pleasantly surprised by Tijuana's on the waterfront in old San Juan. There was a wait at the Hardrock, so we decided to walk down and take our chances somewhere else. Our service was excellent, with our server patiently explaining the variations of two pages of Margarita options on the drink menu (the Perfect Margarita was perfect). The ocean view on the patio was slightly degraded by the ferry piers, but still much better than anything inside a dimly lit Hardrock. I had fish tacos for the first time, and I may never have them again, because I don't think they could ever be better. My wife had the chicken quesadilla and swore it was the best she had ever had (and she made it clear that that statement came with most of the margarita still in the glass). To top it off, we asked for fried ice-cream for desert, which wasn't on the menu, but the chef made it at our request. Total tab for two was under $50 (including coffees w/ the desert). I've paid much more for much less. Highly recommended.

2 Thank aircap_aviator
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“a little bit expensive...”
Reviewed June 11, 2008

a little bit expensive...

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“great ambience, margaritas, etc”
Reviewed February 18, 2008

great ambience, margaritas, etc

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“The service is unfriendly and be ready to wait about 30min. for a table but the food is great. Try the Churrasco...”
Reviewed February 2, 2008

The service is unfriendly and be ready to wait about 30min. for a table but the food is great. Try the Churrasco Quesadillas.