“Grateful vacationer”

Ranked #41 of 46 Hotels in San Juan
Hoboken, New Jersey
“Grateful vacationer”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Booked the hotel for myself alone for 13 nights. Stayed in 3 different rooms. The first one didn't have a dresser for my clothes (13 days!) was moved the same day to one that did. All the rooms had these lamps so tiny couldn't operate until I removed the shades. Had no cell reception in any of the rooms & the floors were always dirty. Once had to ask the cleaning lady to sweep.
That was the bad, now the good: once I had the security code my Macbook air worked fine, the rooms saved for floors were OK. Bathrooms were clean, hot water hot, enough towels always, used the small pool twice & had it all to myself. You could not do better on location.
Now the incredibly good: On my 4th night I awoke gasping for air & had to be rushed to the hospital in an ambulance. The clerk, Jose , was incredibly helpful & efficient with the ambulance &
the paramedics. About an hour later the manager of the hotel showed up in my hospital room to see how I was doing. Since I had been admitted, he offered to check me out and to store my things in the hotel or bring them to me in the hospital I opted for the latter. An hour later he was back with my luggage. He had also called Amex to inform them of my condition so I could not be held responsible for the hotel or any other fees. He also assured me of room in his hotel if after the hospital I decided to continue my vacations. I did returned to the hotel & was for the

rest of my stay treated like family. I can't remember all the names so I will not mention any; But all of these people were to me amazing human beings

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank hector19

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Finnish first
Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

If your not too picky this place will get the job done. Stayed for 2 nights and it got the job done. We did find hair that wasn't ours in our pillions and towels but we decided it wasn't a big deal and brushed them off. The room was decent with the flat screen. Overall it was ok

• Stayed January 2013
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

great location, very convenient parking garage, near all accommodations, very comfy bed, we had a great room with great sun light, everyone very friendly we used communal fridge once but thats it, near all major highways, although walls are very tjin but great stay ..i would stay here again

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Esthefanie G
Oklahoma!
Reviewed January 6, 2013

This is a pretty nice little boutique hotel that has a lot of potential, but needs a really good operator. First of all, housekeeping is inconsistent. I kept finding long black hairs on my tile floor, our disposable plastic cups weren't replaced, we were shorted a towel one day...just little things like that need attention. I asked for an extra pillow one night and was told they don't have any. The pool area is nice, but the water was too cold to swim when I was there. The rooms are pretty small, with no microwaves or refrigerators. Upon check in, we were told that there is a communal fridge on the first floor that we could use, but when I looked in the fridge, it was so dirty that I didn't want to put anything in it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank YourNextGuest
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Stayed here for 1 night . Very basic rooms .Dirty Bathroom which was not even cleant, unclean towels . Very inconsistent front desk staff . Even the free wireless internet was not working. Charged some ridiculous "Safe fee" for using the safe , which we never touched. .The only thing that works in its favor is the location . Definitely not recommended for families . Maybe just maybe if u want to crash for 1 night .

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank saviojb
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for 1 night on our way back from culebra and viques.
We are in general no picky at all, have traveled a bit and have stayed in 2 starts to 5 stars hotel and know what to expect based on the star rating.
But this hotel was very big disappointment. Infact i must say i was disgusted by the bathroom. The bathroom wasn’t clean at all, there was hair all over the floor. The towels (supposedly fresh) also had hair on that. Overall the bathroom was so dirty that i dint want to use it at all.
Other thing that irritated us that the front desk lady was very inconsistent with her offerings to the guest and when asked she almost lied to us. When we arrived we parked the car in the front of hotel . The front desk lady gave us a parking pass for $5 and asked us to park the car in the parking garage which was a few blocks away. When requested that if we can wait for about 30 minutes before we can move the care to the garage, she asked us to do so as soon as we can , since they needed to keep that space empty. The reason we asked for sometime was because of the traffic out. It took us 45 minutes to pass through the traffic to park the car. But what annoyed us more was that the moment we removed our car, another guest came & parked on the same spot. When asked her how come she offered he that space, she said this car will be moved shortly. We went out of dinner and came back, that car was still parked there ! when I asked her how come she made me move my car, she lied and said that shes asked her to move. We left early morning next day at around 4 am and that car was still parked there. It is ok for her not to offer us..but why would she lie to us ! Overall the customer service sucks !

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DBorges
Texas
Reviewed December 23, 2012

This was our 4th visit to San Juan. On previous trips we had always stayed at Da House in Old San Juan (which we love!). This time we wanted to experience a different part of the city so we chose this hotel in Condado. Perfect choice! It is small, clean, and perfectly adequate. Within walking distance of plenty of places to eat. Lovely pool area and friendly, helpful staff. If you are looking for the Old San Juan experience, stay in Old San Juan. But for comfort and convenience, this is it.

Room Tip: Room 202 was quiet and adequate in size for two.