“Good Puerto Rican Food”

El Jibarito
Ranked #42 of 1,006 Restaurants in San Juan
Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin, Spanish, Central American, Puerto Rican
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
california
“Good Puerto Rican Food”
Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

Went with a group of people. They were fast with service and very attentive given we had a group of 11. All the food was good with great flavor. Several of us tried the chicken criollo . The chicken was boneless, mainly white meat with nice sauce, and a side of rice. The place inside is not fancy but food was good and price for Viejo San Juan was reasonable. Good size portions with average dish about $9.00. I would try again.

Visited June 2013

“Not a tourist trap”
Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

We asked our taxi driver where to go and he recomended El Jabarito. I order the fried fish and the mixed mofongo and it was amazing!! My wife had the fricase de pollo with the juca mofongo and she loved it. One of the best meals we had on our trip

• Visited July 2012
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Good-Fair-Priced-Aunthentic Puerto Rican Food”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I've been here quite a few times. In fact, this is where I take all my friends and co-workers visiting the Island looking for authentic Puerto Rican food. I was born and raised on the Island and I can assure this is how Puerto Rican food looks and taste in our homes. Except for their originally made mofongos their whole menu is very typical. The atmosphere is busy but cozy. Their service is awful and sometimes mediocre if you're lucky, but for this price range in Old San Juan, I can assure you will not find anything better. I recommend.

• Visited May 2013
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
“Wanting a taste of culture”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We were recommended this restaurant by the guide at el morro, we wanted some traditional Puerto rican food, the atmosphere was nice, the food was good but our waitress was so rude. My daughter and I were waiting at our table while my husband and son went the the bathroom a large party had walked in and the waitress was so impatient giving us dirty looks to leave our table so they could clean it and put it next to the table next to us to sit the big party, I felt like they could not wait 5 minutes like we were taking up their time. The food was good but would not recommend due to unfriendly waitress, who also never really checked on us our whole meal.

• Visited June 2013
Montreal, Canada
“Authentic Puerto Rican Food for a Fair Price”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

My husband and I ordered chicken in garlic and pork ribs, plaintains and fried Yuka. Delicious. We had alcoholic drinks, chocolate dessert and coffees. With tip it was just over 40$. The server was very friendly. We are really happy that a guy working at the fort recommended this restaurant.

• Visited May 2013