“A little overpriced but to be expected- great food!”
Review of Coladas - CLOSED

Coladas
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Sorry, COLADAS Restaurant is closed since June 4, 2013
Michigan
“A little overpriced but to be expected- great food!”
Reviewed December 18, 2011

We ate here the first night because it appeared everything was far away and we were tired. It was delicious. We had the fried cheese with guava, the Trifongo (delicious!) and the rice and beans. We both had beers and between that and the side dishes friend plantains and spiders, the cost was $45, with tip. We thought everything we ate was delicious and I found a new favorite food that I cant wait to make again!

Visited November 2011

New York City, New York
“Blown Away home away from home”
Reviewed April 24, 2011

Wow we have eaten here every night, with the exception of visiting La Casita (big mistake). Coladas is amazing, right from the time you enter your greeted by the waiters and servers. They seat you and promptly explain which dishes are not available. We all had Trifongo (thats green plantain, sweet plantain and casava mashed with either shrimp, fried meat, seafood medley etc) it was amazing. I send the chef compliments on the meal and appetizers. Chef Ramsey would be proud. we sat here for over an hour. The food was beautifully placed on the placed it opened your appetite. The servers and waiters although overwhelmed with patrons were hospitable, well mannered and easy going. Not bothered by the request of the patrons. We tipped them well over the 20% they deserve it. They made us feel at home. The food is amazing home away from home. We relaxed, we ate and we enjoyed. Thank you Coladas. Oh by the way their virgin drinks are off the wall.

• Visited April 2011
Ohio
“WORST dining experience of our entire 7 day visit! STAY AWAY!”
Reviewed March 4, 2011

We got free drink tickets from the visitor’s center and the reviews here were good so we decided to try it for dinner; BIG MISTAKE! (yes, I’m shouting.) First, the service was worse than terrible. The place is in a hotel but was very empty; lots of tables but only 3 with customers. We stood at the entrance for about 7-10 mins before the only waiter working said in an uninterested almost angry tone, “Sit wherever you want.” So we found a table outside without his help. He came over and asked if we wanted drinks. When we produced our coupons, he got defensive. He snapped at us, “Where did you get these?!” We explained and he yelled to the manager for assistance. The manager came over and was more pleasant but also seemed suspicious the coupons were real. Then after the manager approved, the waiter told us to print our name, sign our name and put our address on each ticket. WTF?! We did not complain and obliged. When we asked for pina coladas, he snapped, “Those are not included!” I could go on and on but you get the picture; he was a grade A jerk (I want to use another word but profanity is prohibited on TA). At this point my sister was ready to get up and leave; I was on the fence but it was late and it was pouring rain so we decided to stay.

The food was bland & boring but edible. I got the plantain stuffed chicken breast wrapped in bacon. The chicken was moist & tender but I could not taste the plantain stuffed within because there was so little, and the bacon was slightly burnt. Otherwise, the entire dish was bland; I could not taste any seasonings of any kind. I also ordered a mixed greens side salad; it came as iceberg lettuce with two cherry tomatoes. This was also very blah and iceberg lettuce is not mixed greens. My sister ordered the halibut special with a passion fruit sauce. Her fish was cooked perfectly, moist & flakey, but had the same problem as my dish, very bland without any spices/seasonings and not enough sauce to taste it with the dish.

The two dinners came to just under $45 without tip. We won’t be back and I recommend everyone stay away. I’m sure there are much better places to eat in Isla Verde or travel further into San Juan. See my other reviews for suggestions.

• Visited February 2011
1 Thank ttiottn1
New York City, New York
“great food”
Reviewed January 26, 2011

We were so happy to find this restaurant after walking around the neighborhood. We loved it so much we went back a second time during our 5 day vacation. The service is great and the prices are reasonable. The food is delicious! The tres leches cake is the best we have ever had!

• Visited January 2011
Georgia
“Food wasnt that good. For local cuisine...”
Reviewed June 3, 2010

Food wasnt that good. For local cuisine better go to Raices or Ajili Mojili. Service was average and Piña Colada expensive, better try it at Barrachina at Old San Juan or Isla Verde.

1 Thank BoriTraveler