“Awful service, average food”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Uno Chicago Bar and Grill - CLOSED

Uno Chicago Bar and Grill
Cuisines: Italian, American, Bar, Pizza, Pub
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Toronto
“Awful service, average food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

The only reason we went here for breakfast is because the highly rated breakfast spot in the same complex had a long wait for a table and we had an appointment to attend an hour later.

We ordered coffee and French toast, which tasted fine but took forever to arrive. We asked the waiter 3 times over for a glass of water to no avail. That should take any reasonable waiter about 15 seconds to obtain but no luck. If you're in a hurry, don't go here. There are two other breakfast spots a few yards away. Prices are OK.

• Visited March 2014

Mayaguez, Puerto Rico
“Watch the waiter...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

During a labor day afternoon, there is a very quiet atmosphere followed by food that may be qualified as good. But, watch the waiter. When we requested the check, the waitress came to us and, without showing the ticket, said: "It is $60.52". She managed to get a 15% tip and the total was $69.52. We never saw the ticket to check whether we were paying for what we ordered and neither had the opportunity to evaluate service. Probably there was nothing wrong; but if not, be careful and tell the waiter to show you the ticket.

On the other hand, we had to wait for a few minutes to be seated in an almost empty restaurant. At the end, we noticed that two female employees were sat and chatting like customers. One of them, came to us as a host.

• Visited October 2013
Bloomfield CT. USA
“Why not just go back home/”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

I never could understand why people would travel to Puerto Rico and eat at McDonalds, Subway, or KFC etc. Chicago Uno is NOT a bad place, don't get me wrong. If it's American chain style food that you're craving, go for it. My only experience there was painfully slow service and pedestrian food.

• Visited June 2013
Savannah, Georgia
“Poor Service and Cold, Tasteless Food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

I have not been to this place in years so I am not sure if this is the norm or if this was just a bad experience. The service was slow, I mean it took our server 10 mins just to bring someone a beer in a bottle. We ordered some garlic and cheese bread which was tasty and someone ordered chicken fingers in sauce for an appetizer. No one brought over any plates so when we ate the bread our plastic table cover got full of bread crumbs. My husband and I ordered 2 of the same pizzas but only one was brought out. That could have been a misunderstanding so I was ok but I was not ok with the pizza being cold and tasteless. Also, I remember when the pizza was brought out in the pan. Did that stop? Ours was brought out on a small plate plate with barely any ingredients on it and it looked more like an appetizer than a meal. Someone else ordered the Fettuccine Alfredo and they said it tasted like pasta in water. After we asked for our check the server never came to pick it up so we ended up getting up and going to the hostess to pay. I know that Uno is a chain restaurant but I remember when you could go have a nice meal and not feel like you were in a Chilis. I know that restaurants are trying to cut costs and make more money but this was just plain ridiculous and I will never go to any of their locations again.

• Visited July 2013
New York City, New York
“Ridiculous wait a mess of a salad”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

I've frequent the restaurant many times in the past and since the renovations it has been impossible. My last visit I waited 46 minuits got a salad that I run out of time only to tell them I would do take out. Boy I did not expect the mess that was called a Cobb salad it did not have some of the ingredients listed and I started by picking out rotten pieces. Having a flight go catch I could not return but the entire salad was thrown out.
I was a regular at least once a month but this was my last.

• Visited May 2013