“The best food in PR”

Casa Dante
Ranked #201 of 1,100 Restaurants in San Juan
Cuisines: Caribbean
Reviewed May 18, 2013

This place is family owned and the owner Dante is the nicest man, he waited on us and service was awesome...food is incredible!!! The skirt steak I would take over a filet....! Truly authentic ! His wife makes most of the dessert and others by an 80 year old lady that is truly awesome...we ate there twice while there on our trip. Also go to Espana bakery great place.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Delicious mofongo, huge "churrascos", and excellent "carne frita". Great prices. Try the Sangría. Kids friendly. Close to the Isla Verde area hotels. Not fance but excellent food. Has carry out services.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

My sole purpose was to have authentic PR food while on vacation. Our friend suggested Casa Dante and it surely did NOT disappoint! My husband is PR and was in total awe of the food. We got to the restaurant early to celebrate and we were the only patrons..I attribute this to the time and it being a work week that not much patrons frequented the restaurant so early. But nevertheless we had the restaurant all to ourselves and the attention, food, hospitality were beyond amazing.

My husband had the Churrasco with Amarillos (spanish for yellow plantains) and I had the Bistec Encebollado with Mofongo (Steak and onions with smashed plantains) which is their specialty. We also had a half pitcher of sangria! The sangria was delicious and I KNOW sangria and it was soooooo good!

We left there almost unable to walk out of there because we were stuffed but so very happy!

Recommend this to everyone!!

Reviewed March 24, 2013

We had such fun at this authentic Criollo restaurant. The service was exquisite. The food was healthy and delicious, bravo! The price very reasonable. highly recommend the bistec criollo, yummy!!!

Reviewed March 20, 2013

I had dinner at the Casa Dante. The very friendly waiter promised my "money back" if the churasco wasn't the best in the city. I had it several other places and DID NOT want my money back. The steak was perfectly done, and was teneder and flavorful. The restaurant is small with just a few tables. I would gladly go back there again on a return visit.