“Anniversary Dinner!”

Casa Dante
Ranked #283 of 1,006 Restaurants in San Juan
Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin, Puerto Rican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
New York City, New York
“Anniversary Dinner!”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

My sole purpose was to have authentic PR food while on vacation. Our friend suggested Casa Dante and it surely did NOT disappoint! My husband is PR and was in total awe of the food. We got to the restaurant early to celebrate and we were the only patrons..I attribute this to the time and it being a work week that not much patrons frequented the restaurant so early. But nevertheless we had the restaurant all to ourselves and the attention, food, hospitality were beyond amazing.

My husband had the Churrasco with Amarillos (spanish for yellow plantains) and I had the Bistec Encebollado with Mofongo (Steak and onions with smashed plantains) which is their specialty. We also had a half pitcher of sangria! The sangria was delicious and I KNOW sangria and it was soooooo good!

We left there almost unable to walk out of there because we were stuffed but so very happy!

Recommend this to everyone!!

• Visited May 2013

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Excellent!”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We had such fun at this authentic Criollo restaurant. The service was exquisite. The food was healthy and delicious, bravo! The price very reasonable. highly recommend the bistec criollo, yummy!!!

Visited March 2013
Indianapolis
“Great steak !!”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I had dinner at the Casa Dante. The very friendly waiter promised my "money back" if the churasco wasn't the best in the city. I had it several other places and DID NOT want my money back. The steak was perfectly done, and was teneder and flavorful. The restaurant is small with just a few tables. I would gladly go back there again on a return visit.

Visited January 2013
Richmond, Virginia
“Super mofongo!”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We picked up some super fresh and tasty mofongo take out from this restaurant. Great service and very friendly staff.

• Visited March 2013
Waltham, Massachusetts
“Amazing Steak and Mofongo”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

We really enjoyed the steak here (seems that's what they are known for...) -- it was cooked perfectly and seasoned well. The mofongo was also really flavorful. Service was very friendly and speedy. There were lots of locals here which always makes me feel better when traveling.

Visited February 2013