“Great Food!”

Casa Dante
Ranked #283 of 1,006 Restaurants in San Juan
Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin, Puerto Rican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Morrisville, North Carolina
“Great Food!”
Reviewed July 14, 2012

This was a place that another hotel guest recommended and we were not disappointed.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank gabilinda

Bronx, New York
“DO NOT LEAVE PR UNTIL YOU EAT HERE”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

I have been eating at this place since 1992! Every time I go to PR, and I think of food, the 1st thing that comes to mind is CASA DANTE'S. Being Puerto Rican and from NY, I've yet to this day found a place as good as this (yes its even better than Don Coqui's in NY, sorry my fellow NY'ers). The two best dishes, hands down: #1 - Churrasco Steak with Mofongo (or rice and beans if you don't like crushed plaintain. Do yourself the justice and get the Mofongo. They don't call it the House of Mofongo for nothing. #2 - Camarones al Ajillo with Mofongo de Yuca. All I have to say is WOW! Add a pitcher of Sangria and you are good to go!

Visited June 2012
2 Thank Bronx N
“Love the Mofongo”
Reviewed June 23, 2012

My family was on vacation and at our hotel they referred us to this place, when we got there from outside it didn't say much but once we ate the food we understand why they told us it was a great place to taste local food!
I ordered the Mofongo of something called yuca stuffed with seafood, it was amazing, my husband ordered stuffed with Skirsteak and it was very good two, my son ordered chicken and needless to say the rest..... If we come back to Puerto Rico we will sure go again!!!!

1 Thank Jbclovestotravel
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Best Skirt Steak”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

We flew into San Juan a day prior to our cruise and ate lunch at Casa Dante. The skirt steak is the best I have ever had! I can honestly say that the meal at Casa Dante was the best meal of the week - including all the meals on the cruise. Of course, the mofungo is wonderful as well. The service was warm and friendly.

Don't let the road construction in front of the restaurant scare you away. It is well worth the small amount of traffic the construction creates.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank HockeyRules13
New York, New York, United States
“Sooo good!”
Reviewed May 9, 2012

This place doesn't look like much but the food is delicious. Try the mofongo, carne frita, tostones or chicken chicharrones. If you don't eat meat try the homemade spinach raviolis they're yummy. They treated us like family, even bringing treats for our baby. The owners should consider giving it a makeover that reflects how good it is.

• Visited April 2012