“Upscale Asian Cuisine”

Budatai
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Went for a late night dinner and was very happy about the quality of my meal. The menu choices are varied and trendy - not your typical offerings. My husband and I each ordered the octopus appetizer. It was a bit salty for my taste, but was very tender. I had the pork loin/belly combination and was very pleased with its flavor and presentation. My husband had the scallop - noodle dish which he enjoyed. a glass of sake and a wine brought the total to $112, a bit pricey. The atmosphere is very trendy, but too dark for us to read the menus without our cell phone flashlights. when our meals arrived, the waitress, at our request, turned up the lighting so we could enjoy our food.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

we first went to budatai about 6 years ago. we took our kids the following year and remembered they weren't very accommodating to our very picky eater. for some reason we never made it back on our subsequent visits to pr. we went this trip and were pleasantly surprised. their attitude has changed dramatically. not only did they accommodate my gluten-free needs without blinking an eye, they changed my picky eater's meal, as well, no problem. our server was sweet as can be and the food was amazing. we highly recommend it!

Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

I have been in this place a few times for business however, We just took a trip to the Island for vacations! This place is a good place for couples and Friends and the food is fresh!! I strongly recommend the sword fish and lobster mashed potatoes! Awesome , very tasty and super soft! The service is good but the only reason why I dont rated a 5 star is because of the Parking! But the restaurant is great with good food quality including the drinks the bartender prepares excellent drinks!!

Reviewed February 17, 2014

We had dinner at Budatai last night--it was just okay. I do need to say, the lamb ribs appetizer was exceptional, however the rest of our order was not bad but not notable. The restaurant has a nice vibe and was full. It could one of those restaurants where you need to know how to order.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

We have had excellent dinners all week in PR but this may have been the best. Initially had a table in the middle of the restaurant and froze under the vent. Got moved to a window table when it became available and the night was a pleasure from there. Great appetizer - geisha sushi roll. For dinner had roasted pork loin with pork belly. Amazing sauce. I don't remember what the accompaniment was but recall thinking I wouldn't eat it - doubt I would like it. So glad I tasted it. No idea what it was but was delicious. Great service. Definitely a recommend.