“Great View and Ambiance” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Budatai

Budatai
Ranked #139 of 980 Restaurants in San Juan
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Scenic view, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
New Hartford, Connecticut, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great View and Ambiance”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

Had a nice dinner on Ashford Ave the other night during my stay in Puerto Rico. Started with the house sangria (white) which was some of the best I've ever tried. We shared a seaweed salad, elegantly topped with caviar, and the octopus appetizer to start. Both were the highlights of the meal for me. I had the black cod for a main course; the fish itself was delicious but the sauce in which the vegetables were cooked was a bit rich for my taste (as was the strip of tempura bacon added as a garnish). Portions could be a bit smaller but the overall experience was great, with attentive service and a cool downtown vibe. The bar was crowded even on a Wednesday evening. Try the lemon tart for dessert - made a perfect finish. If you're looking for upscale (albeit expensive) asian-fusion cuisine, I would definitely recommend - and get a seat by the windows for a great view of the city.

Guaynabo, Puerto Rico
“For me, it's the best restaurant in San Juan.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

Great, GREAT place!! Great atmosphere for hanging out with friends for a few drinks; for families or work partners. Great service and awesome food.

Aberdeen Township, New Jersey, United States
“Great end to stay in Puerto Rico”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

We ordered the lamb ribs, la rocca sushi roll, duck croquettas, and the filet mignon with duck fat potatoes. Everything came out quickly and was fantastic! The service was wonderful. Well priced drinks for the restaurant. Cynthia was our server and she was attentive and overall great. It was our last night in Puerto Rico and it was well spent at Budatai.

New Rochelle, New York
“Oh my!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Delicious just does not give this restaurant the credit it deserves. Everything was excellent. They are known for their dumplings, and I understand why. The Ceviche was also outstanding. The decor is pretty, the atmosphere is great, and the prices are fair. A definite "must try" restaurant.

“If you have patience”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

We had to wait so long for the appetizer.The air conditioner was defunct so we froze.The dumplings that we ordered were the best I had ever had but, it took way too long to get it.My main dish was a steak with noodles.I asked for the steak to be medium it came rare.I think they are wonderful chefs but need to get their act together.

• 3 of 5 bubbles