“Great service and food!”
Review of Ropa Vieja Grill

Ropa Vieja Grill
Ranked #37 of 1,046 Restaurants in San Juan
Cuisines: Caribbean, Cuban
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed February 11, 2014

We ate here our first night in town and I was introduced to mofongo (sp?) I had the shrimp and was not disappointed. Absolutely delicious and beyond filling! We finished dinner off with espresso.

There are newer reviews for Ropa Vieja Grill

Reviewed February 9, 2014

I come to PR a few times a year on business and have eaten here seven or eight times. I have only had a few things as I love the ropa vieja shredded beef and the herb and olive oil busted steak with tostones and mampasteou. Excellent service and priced well. I ate here again last night with my wife and we will go one more time on this trip!

Reviewed February 9, 2014

We asked our Isla Verde hotel concierge for a Puerto Rican / Cuban restaurant recommend. She did not hesitate when recommending this place noting that she often goes with friends. She was spot on! The wait staff was excellent, knowledgeable, and attentive. The food was exceptional. I had the black bean risotto with filet mignon tips ($22). My wife had the ropa vieja ($18). Both were delicious and enough for two meals. For us, this is pricy, but since we got two meals out of it, it was definitely worth it. The only real complaint is that it gets very noisy when all the tables are filled. There is not much on the floor or walls to soak up any sound.

Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

Quick service,,food bit cold,,tasty cabrito meat,,no music atmosphere,,Drinks mojito,sangria VERY overprice!!

Reviewed February 7, 2014

We ate here on our first night in San Juan on a recommendation from the Concierge at the hotel where we were staying. Friendly wait staff who explained the options. Give it a try.