“Wow, just Wow”

Cuisines: Caribbean, Cuban
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Recently ate at Ropa Vieja and had a wonderful time. Great menu options, good value for the quality of food, wonderful appetizers, and a nice wine list. The food was excellent and the rice and black beans side was the best I had while on my trip. I would go back tomorrow to eat their if I could. Only downside was the waiters were a little slow and could have been a bit more attentive but still a great experience. Overall we had an appetizer, bottle of wine, one round of drinks, two entrees and two sides for $130 but you could spend less or more depending on what all you get.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,645)

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Mindblowingly good appetizer selection. Crab pastries and truffle rissotto were both our of this world. Our group of 4 all opted for different entrees and everyone left very happy. The steak options were all outstanding and the Mahi Mahi was unbelievably good.

Would have been a 5/5 if service was a little sharper. Waiter tended to go missing for a little while longer than one would like.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

I will definitely recommand to orded the mofongo with the shreded stake and the risoto shrimps as well. The prices are very fair. Great resturant! The one thing taht isnt good at this rest is the service.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

We loved the dinner we had at Ropa Vieja and our waiter was fantastic. The food was flavorful, arrived quickly and piping hot. Delicious.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Not one to usually venture out but I am glad I did. The Puerto Rican skirt steak and sweet fried plantains were very good. Also had the chicken and plantain appetizer, very good as well! Highly recommend and quick easy walk in Condado.