“Great French place in San Juan”
Review of Bistro de Paris

Bistro de Paris
Ranked #231 of 1,033 Restaurants in San Juan
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Authentic French Bistro Cuisine. Parisian chic in a casual atmosphere. Menu offerings: A la Carte, Prix Fixe, Sunday Brunch, and Bar. Steps away from the Museum of Art of Puerto Rico, and around the corner from Puerto Rico's Fine Arts Center (Centro de Bellas Artes Luis A. Ferre). No reservation required most days, but recommended. Reservations during holidays are a must. Open 7 days/wk. Chef: Thierry Dupont Business Manager: Estefán Gargost
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Great French place in San Juan”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Food is great. My favorite is the duck. The fries are wonderful. I suspect that like in Paris they are cooked in duck fat. My only compliant is that they won't stock Grey Goose.

• Visited November 2012

San Juan
“Good food, but inconsistent”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I love french cuisine and the Bistro de Paris does it well. However, after having visited the restaurant in several occasions I noticed that both their food quality and their service are inconsistent. Recommended: onion soup, steak au poivre, and the creme brulee.

Visited February 2012
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Average”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We went there for brunch on Jan. 1st just before leaving Puerto Rico.
I'll keep it short. The fruit juices were pretty bad / diluted with ice cubes. Prices were high we thought, and the food was average. I think it was $21 for a "charcuterie" plate which was not fancy. The bread was not so fresh. The staff was not all that friendly.
The outside setting however was nice, even though a homeless guy in a wheelchair came to beg the patrons, at which point the restaurant owner came out infuriated / yelling at the homeless guy asking him to leave. That lasted for a while. The restaurant owner put some plants in the handicap ramp so that the guy would not come back, and some wood covers to "shield" the patrons outside. He also called the police, which arrived shortly after. We thought that the situation could have been handled a little better. I understand this kind of situation might hurt the restaurant's business, but again, this could have been handled a little better, not like this... Not a pleasant situation for anyone. We still gave $5 to the homeless guy after leaving the restaurant.

• Visited January 2013
Maryland
“Authentic French restaurant in the heart of San Juan.”
Reviewed December 25, 2012

I would have never expected to find true French food in this location, but I had a craving for French Onion Soup, so I decided to try it. I lived 10 years in France and this place would be considered an excellent traditional restaurant even in Paris.
We tried the onion soup (very good, albeit a little low in salt) and the steak au poivre (don't be fooled, it is not a steak, it is a very large piece of excellent tenderloin) which comes with the gratin dauphinoise, made to perfection.
As dessert we shared a profiterole, also very good.
I will certainly come back!

San Juan
“Bad night”
Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

It is not what used to be. Did not have any of the dishes we ordered. The service was amateur and superficial. The wine list is overpriced. After so many years, I'm writing it off my list.