“Mofongos!”

Ranked #100 of 1,045 Restaurants in San Juan
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Takeout
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Try the Shrimp Mofongos! You won't be disappointed. Also a must: the Alcapurrias, Tostones. Nice place for Cocina Criolla (Puerto Rican typical cuisine)

There are newer reviews for Mi Casita

Reviewed February 7, 2013

We happened across this place because we were looking for an inexpensive place to eat. We were headed to Burger King but saw Mi Casita in the strip mall next door. We ate breakfast there for under $5.00 ea andhad a full breakfast then returned for lunch that averaged about $9.00 ea. I had the Mofongo with shrimp my friend had rice beans and chicken and the guys each had a Cuban that was so big that they could not finish it. We had ate at another restaurant earlier in the week and my husband had the Monfongo there, it was "authentic PR", the Monfongo here was so much better and a much larger portion. I think that "Mama" must have been in the kitchen cooking for us! I would definently go back here when in PR.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

the food and coffee was not good at all but the mudslide shake is good. The scrambled eggs were tiny flat pieces and the ham wasn't cooked and neither of our meals were good... pass on this unless you want a shake

Reviewed February 5, 2013

We ate at Mi Casita several times during our 2-week visit to Isla Verde. The chicken mofongo was very, very good- the last day I ordered chicken breast with peppers in a tomato sauce that was absolutely delicious. Had breakfast there, too- but it was the dinners that my husband and I both enjoyed. Fried pork chops, fried pork chunks, mofongo, tostones, rice and beans- everything was good. Even the lasagna was tasty. It's a casual place, gets crowded, service is a bit slow at times, but then it seems to be just about everywhere in Puerto Rico. The beer was cold, the food was served piping hot, and it was authentic and delicious. What more could you want? We liked Mi Casita better than some of the pricier restaurants in the area. We did notice that there were a lot of rude customers there, which may explain some of the previous reviewers complaints of the waitstaff- I witnessed them putting up with quite a bit, and didn't blame them a bit for being a bit gruff at times.

1  Thank ontheMove19
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Had lunch here with friends, it was decent Puerto Rican food. I frequently travel to PR and I'd say this is the best value and most authentic food in the hotel/tourist area of Isla Verde. I've had better food in other parts of San Juan and in Old San Juan. It was very crowded with locals and tourists when we went, nothing fancy and pretty casual. We came in from the beach in our swimsuit coverups.

1  Thank SRod17