“The finest of the Ruths Chris steakhouses”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Ranked #96 of 1,072 Restaurants in San Juan
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 18, 2013

IT was my sister's 50th birthday, and we chose the IC hotel and Ruths Chris steakhouse...it was perfect! The halibut sizzled in its plate, but was as soft as butter, flavored perfectly....the shrimp have that lovely bite to them....the wine list was large and varied...the service , perfect. We totally enjoyed our TWO dinners...in fact, the best dinners we had in Puerto Rico!

Reviewed July 18, 2013

My family and I decided to dine at the new Ruth's Chris on top of the Popular Center that opened just a few months ago. We were celebrating father's day and the fact that my mother was starting a new chapter at a new job. I had called previously to inform them that I wanted the table decorated and also I wanted to surprise my parents with a short congratulatory message written on the dessert plate. I wanted to make the dinner special and I know Ruth's Chris is usually good at that, but I was very disappointed to say the least. When the host showed us our table, it was not decorated but the restaurant was full and I thought no tables would be available. Our steaks were excellent as usual but when the dessert came, it had no message on it either. I decided to talk to the manager after that, not to complain but to let her know of what had happened and even though she was very surprised, she didn't offer us any discount or a complementary cordial on the house, etc. She offered us another free dessert but we had already eaten it, so another dessert would have just gone to waste - I thought that she could've done or cared a little more, but she simply apologized and went back to work. I couldn't believe what had happened, Ruth's Chris had never failed on making a dinner special and intimate with little details like decorating the table and congratulating someone with a message on a dessert. I do realize that it just opened and things get hectic at the beginning until they find their balance, but I never thought that they'd miss on something so simple, specially when I called twice to confirm before my arrival. Also, the place was hot, our waiter would disappear from time to time, and the bathrooms were a little too dark. In conclusion, I don't think I'll return to this restaurant located on Hato Rey, I'd much rather go to the one in Isla Verde.

Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

Visited Ruth Chris at PR ... Excellent food!!! Are steak and lobster combo was to die for.., are waiters Chris and Gabo were very attentive and catered every need We ordered the pre fixed 3 course dinner and they even accomodate my food allergies.... A+

Reviewed July 11, 2013

My regards to the kitchen staff, our meal was delicious. The salads were fresh, the steak was cooked to the perfect temperature and the seafood was done perfectly.

The reason for the three starts is because of Service. We had a server named Jazmin (I believe) and she was well trained in her knowledge of the menu, specials and wines. The issues are:

The meal came out with the salads/starters.
Towards the end of ther meal she checked on our table more and more infrequently.

The worst part? Someone in our party had to stand up and ask the hostess and the manager, yes the manager who were talking in the doorway of the main entrance to get our check for us. At that point nor the manager or the hostess assisted us but beckoned another server over to provide us with the check. The check delivering server was very nice and had quite a sense of urgency which at this point I appreciated.

From my experience the kitchen delivered in the tried and true Ruth Chris style and consistency. The service was so terrible I would never go back again.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

We went here on our last night in San Juan and it was delicious. Amazing service, delicious food - I had the halibut and my boyfriend had the filet -- both were cooked perfectly. We had crab stuffed mushrooms to start (could have had more crab flavor) and the lobster bisque (great flavor, but light on the lobster pieces). All in all, great last vacation meal.