“Is this Denny's at 4 AM or Ruth Chris with this service?”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Ranked #80 of 999 Restaurants in San Juan
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Florida
“Is this Denny's at 4 AM or Ruth Chris with this service?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

My regards to the kitchen staff, our meal was delicious. The salads were fresh, the steak was cooked to the perfect temperature and the seafood was done perfectly.

The reason for the three starts is because of Service. We had a server named Jazmin (I believe) and she was well trained in her knowledge of the menu, specials and wines. The issues are:

The meal came out with the salads/starters.
Towards the end of ther meal she checked on our table more and more infrequently.

The worst part? Someone in our party had to stand up and ask the hostess and the manager, yes the manager who were talking in the doorway of the main entrance to get our check for us. At that point nor the manager or the hostess assisted us but beckoned another server over to provide us with the check. The check delivering server was very nice and had quite a sense of urgency which at this point I appreciated.

From my experience the kitchen delivered in the tried and true Ruth Chris style and consistency. The service was so terrible I would never go back again.

• Visited May 2013

New York City, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

We went here on our last night in San Juan and it was delicious. Amazing service, delicious food - I had the halibut and my boyfriend had the filet -- both were cooked perfectly. We had crab stuffed mushrooms to start (could have had more crab flavor) and the lobster bisque (great flavor, but light on the lobster pieces). All in all, great last vacation meal.

Visited July 2013
Pleasanton, California
“The best place for steak!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

The food was excellent as we have come to expect from Ruth's Chris. We ended up with an inexperienced server who made a few mistakes but that did not affect the quality of the food and they always made things right.

Visited April 2013
Austin, Texas
“Dinner in Puerto Rico”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

We had dinner at Ruth's Chis and like all Ruth's Chris restaurants it was excellent. The staff was great and the food was fabulous. Although it is pricy it was worth spending the money.

Visited June 2013
Culebra
“New Ruth' Chris on top of Banco Popular building”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

I am writing about the new Ruth's Chris that opened a few months ago in the Penthouse of the Banco Popular Center in Hato Rey, Puerto Rico.
The decor is very "corporate", as one would imagine, which explains why it is a very busy lunch place for all the office workers in the area.
We went for dinner (on a Monday) and were practically the only people there. Service was OK as was the meal. The appetizer was too salty and when I commented on this, we were told that all Ruth's Chris restaurants/kitchens follow the company "set" recipes, and that "that's the way they do it" ! I was a little surprised by this but then again, I was given the same answer at Mortons Steak House one time so I guess that is how these chain steak restaurants operate.
Other than that, the meal was fine, not great; we ordered the rib-eye (to share), with "au poivre" sauce (which had a strange texture), French fries and creamed spinach. I do want to mention the extensive wine list at very reasonable prices.
Overall, a mediocre experience.
Too bad my favorite steak restaurant, The Palm, closed down :(