“Great Food”

Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed March 2, 2013

A local we meet told us about this place. It was packed with local people, because is it so good! You get plenty for the money, and so yummy!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,089)

Reviewed February 28, 2013

First of all some of these reviews are for the Bebo's BBQ close to the airport, it's small and is close to the car rental places. Bebo's Cafe is on Loiza close to De Diego that's the one I'm talking about. We've been there three times now and it can be hit and miss, depending on how busy they are the service is reflected in the amount of people there. If it's real busy the service is slow, if it's not full then the service is adequate. You almost have to find out what they do well because some things are pretty ordinary. My wife had veal fricasse and it was terrific. I had the goat stew and it was mainly bones, another night I had the roast pork with a big piece of skin on it and it was very dry. So this went on for three nights, one of us would get a good meal and one would get a very ordinary meal. The staff is very pleasant and the place is full of Puerto Ricans and I'm betting that they know what to order, like I said find the better meals and stick to those.
The three milk cake for dessert is very good. The atmosphere is also very good. It's worth a try because it's very Puerto Rican.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Really great local food. There is a long wait but worth it. We ordered chicken for four with rice and 8 local beers (did not want to stand in line again)and one order if ribs. for less then $23. We could not eat it all. We paid cash but I did see someone using a credit card. I would go back.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

One of those places that are filled with tourists but locals still like the food if they're willing to brave the crowds... 3 friends and I went there pretty late one night. The service was awful - it took forever to get anything, from drinks to our food - but the food made up for it. My friends all liked what they got, and my spicy crab dish - I forget the name - was awesome. Mofongo was good too.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

A must if you would like to eat local Puerto Rican cuisine! Typically a not so fancy eatery for locals, now tourists have been discovering it. Very close to the airport and Isla Verde. Very afforadable especially for the San Juan Metro Area.

Best on the menu? EVERYTHING!!! Try the mofongo, rotisserie chicken, yuca, roast pork, and ribs.

What this restaraunt lacks in ambiance it more than makes up with tasty food at a great price. Don't be shy if you do not speak the language. Someone will be more than willing to help out. The Staff is always friendly and helpful even on a busy day, which seems to be most of the time.