“WOWZA great food for a great price”
Review of Bebo's Cafe

Bebo's Cafe
Ranked #93 of 1,095 Restaurants in San Juan
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed November 8, 2012

If you want ambiance, this is not the place. If you want authentic and wonderful Puerto Rican food, this is the place. We were in San Juan for 5 days and had lunch here 3 times!!!! Try the Media Noche sandwich or the appetizer sampler. Wowza!!!

1  Thank MikeDana2
Write a ReviewReviews (1,115)

Reviewed November 7, 2012

I tried mofongo with beef. I asked for the beef to be medium it was well done and on the tough side the peppers with it were mushy from being reheated too often I think or being cooked too soon ahead. They saw I was not eating it and brought the menu back I ordered something else. Don't remember what it even was.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

This restaurant was recommended by guest services at our hotel and was within walking distance. The food is excellent in authenticity. Although many of the waitresses do not speak much English, there is someone there to assist you with your orders. It is a busy place. Dishes we had with no complaints in any of our orders are: oxtails with red beans and rice, plantain (excellent), arroz con pollo (very good), breakfast mangu mangu (very good). I wanted to eat here EVERYDAY as the food was so good; however, I tried different places to get a feel of the cuisine. Everything at this restaurant was good, including the strong pina coladas and you must try the mango drink (I had it without alcohol).

If we ever go back to PR this is a place I MUST eat at FIRST.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

Both of our food orders were a long time in coming (they weren't full by no means). The food was cold had to send back to reheat....that took 5 mins or so. Extremely slow and then poor. Wasn't the cleanest place to eat, it is like a truck stop greasy spoon place. However is you are a meat eater. The portions others ordered was huge. I ordered a veggie mofongo for $10 it had about 1/2 cup of greasy veggies and rice. Way over rated, skip this place eat at Pinky's instead. Very disappointed.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

We stayed a few blocks away from Bebo's, and ate there as often as we could! Excellent authentic Puerto Rican food. The meals are equivalent to that of what your Puerto Rican grandmother would cook for you. Hearty, filling and delicious. Great prices, huge servings, and in my opinion worth the wait. Bebo's tends to get crowded, and usually you have to wait in line for a table to open, especially around Sunday brunch time. I absolutely love this place, and would recommend it to anyone looking for "real" Puerto Rican cuisine while in the area.

1  Thank v R