“Authentic Turkish Food”

Ranked #67 of 1,092 Restaurants in San Juan
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Turkish
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Istanbul Turkish Restaurant is located in San Juan, PUERTO RICO. We offer a large variety of Turkish and Mediterranean cuisine! We take reservations and we do take out! Lunch specials every weekday, except hollydays.
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Visited with my Turkish wife, and were pleasantly surprised to find that everything we ordered (approx. half the menu over two meals) was at the standard of any very good Turkish restaurant in Istanbul. The Iskander and lamb chops were especially amazing, and the kabob was made of real lamb, not the usual over-salted gyro "meat" at most places. Great, small location without special decor, meaning that the prices were very good, considering the quality of the food. This was the best Turkish food we have had outside of Turkey.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

Found this place after jumping off the free old san juan trolley (stop is right outside) and am glad we stopped in. The food was amazing. I have tried dozens of middle eastern restaurants and this was up there as one of my favorites. Location is superb. Decor and ambiance feel "authentic", service was good(if not a little slow, which I find to be the case in any latin american country) and as stated before the food was great. If I didn't have a rule about trying new restaurants for each meal when travelling, I definitely would have returned.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

If you love Mediterranean food, this place will not disappoint. Great location, friendly staff and terrific food. We really enjoyed the lamb plate and Mousake. Just delicious!

Reviewed April 12, 2013

On the door it was saying Turkish restaurant. When I saw that sign I was happy to taste after a long while. I ordered lentil soup and Adana Kebap. What they brought could be anything but not lentil soup esp. not a Turkish lentil soup. Adana Kebap was a regular meatball kebap. I strongly disappointed.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

We chose this restaurant after looking at several reviews as well as due to its proximity to our hotel.

The food was great, no surprises. We had lamb dishes, stuffed vine leaves, rice, etc - very Delicious. The only thing is the long waiting till the food is served but this is probably a PR global issue we identified throughout or 2 days visit.