“Quality and service on a consistent basis...”
Review of Pinoli Ristorante

Pinoli Ristorante
Ranked #449 of 1,025 Restaurants in San Juan
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Authentic Italian Restaurant, just a block away from Roosevelt Avenue. Pinoli is a warm and rustic restaurant that gives you an all Italian experience... Opened in 1999 by Italian Chef, Christian Darcoli. Offering Urban Lunch Mon-Sat from 12-3pm...
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Quality and service on a consistent basis...”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Pinoli is the best Italian fare in town, my price rating is $$$ but I guarantee you will never be disappointed. The ability of Chef Darcoli to mix the flavors and the textures is incredible. A simple plate such as a Fettucine with Prosciutto turns into one of the most exquisite flavors I have ever tasted.

When ordering meats and poultry I find the amount served is a hearty portion. The same goes for meat and pasta dishes such as the rabbit; very reasonable portions with superb taste.

I may be biased towards the meat dishes; I don't usually order the fish not for any particular reason. It is just that I prefer the meat but others have told me the fish is the best.

• Visited December 2013

Chicago, Illinois
“Two for two”
Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

Been there twice and 5 stars each visit.
Great food. Great service. Reasonable wines.
Fois gras ravioli to die for.
A little out of the way but worth the extra few minutes.

Visited November 2013
San Juan, PR
“Best Italian eatery in Puerto Rico”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I had been meaning to go to this place for a long time; I'd been listening to the ads on El Oso for a long time and the food "sounded" really good. But...I had been to the really "good" Italian eateries on the island, and most of them kind of suck. Pinoli really surprised me. I mean, I've eaten in Rome, Nice, Little Italy in NYC, and the North End in Boston for years, so I know my stuff, and I am a pretty damned good Italian cook myself, but Christian, the cook (and baker!) in this unassuming little spot just blocks from Plaza las Americas is...a star. A sleeper waiting to be discovered. The food is... wholesome, fresh, el dente, smooth sauces, no skimping, fresh herbs, the portions just right. But, the reason I say he is a master, a Food Artist, is because he cooks with personality, and conviction; no hotel cookie cutter stuff here; only homestyle authentic Italian fare with a trained chef's flair. Everything we had (ravioli, Mediterranean bass, Fettuccini Alfredo with Prosciutto, Tiramisu and Panna Cotta, was flawless, even extraordinary. Christian even makes his own bread and break sticks! And, yes, he made the deadly desserts. The place is not cheap but, then again, if you want The Real Thing, then come here for a special occasion. It was my daughter's birthday, and the food, and the service, made this a memorable occasion, not to mention the fact that the cook/owner came out to chat and educate us about his amazing Italian cooking. We have sworn to go back and try literally everything on the menu! Now that Great Taste is gone, this is our new favorite place to eat on the island. After all, how many times can you go to Bottles and not get a little bored? Finally, this food demi-god really belongs in a bigger venue, a bigger city, but then we would not have him here in PR, and he might not be so powerful as chef, so individualistic. No-I never met the guy before; I just LOVE his food.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank tropicalgardener
“Inconsistent”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

We have been to Pinoli four time. Quality and service have been inconsisten, going from outstanding to average. This cannot be cceptable in a restaurant as pricie as Pinoli is

“Too expensive”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

The food at Pinoli Puerto Rico was very good. But there are many other restaurants that are as good or better but are not sooo expensive. When we went to the restaurant, we were only two tables of people (we were 5 at our table and at the other table they were 8 persons) eating there. When we left, after a couple of hours there, nobody else had come in. So we wonder if they should lower their prices in order to attract more people to the restaurant. We are not sure if we will go back to eat there.

• Visited February 2013