“Great last minute choice!”
Review of Rosa de Triana

Rosa de Triana
Ranked #88 of 1,050 Restaurants in San Juan
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Prior to our vacation I had researched restaurants for dinner while in OSJ and this one wasn't on my list. But it was across the street from El Convento, where we were staying, so we saw it several times while "out and about". Returning to our hotel one afternoon I suggested we stop there for a quick lunch/snack. We ended up having a 1/2 pitcher of Sangria and appetizers. We really liked the Spanish atmosphere inside, and wondered if it is family owned/operated, as it had that friendly feeling to us. The Sangria was delicious and the food was excellent. I wish now that we had eaten there at least once more...but a reason to return to OSJ! :)

Reviewed February 8, 2013

Delicious food and close to the port where the ship was docked. One or two waiters did not have good command of English. For a tourist area in Old San Juan, I found this rather unacceptable. Nonetheless, good restaurant.

1  Thank ActiveGuy_10
Reviewed January 28, 2013

We found this place after being introduced to it during a food tour. Although we were served the Puerto Rican part of the menu during the tour, we had a glimpse of the authentic Spanish side when we tasted their bread with alioli. We came back a day later to try it out for lunch. Everything was fantastic with the exception of the tostones, but who cares?! They're a Spanish restaurant and that was a Puerto Rican dish. We ordered half a pitcher of sangria and they practically gave us a pitcher because we definitely poured around 5 or 6 cups and we still hadn't finished it yet. They served us the bread and alioli again. Fantastically garlicky. We had patatas bravas which were very spicy, which is fine with me. We had the gazpacho, which was very refreshing. Finally, we had the croquetas de jamón which were out of this world. I would order two plates of that by myself and shovel it into my mouth if I could right now. hmmm!

Definitely don't miss this place and don't confuse this with the other restaurant which is just called "Triana"!

Reviewed January 26, 2013

WHAT A FIND!! Tucked away right across the courtyard from Hotel El Convento is this absolutely charming, authentic, terrific restaurant with excellent staff. Go on Saturday evening for the free flamenco show, the place gets very lively and even the staff got in on the fun singing and dancing.
First visit we sat at the bar and enjoyed tapas while watching the flamenco dancers. tapas were so good, so authentic and priced well that we returned here 3 more times during our stay in San Juan. Staff was awesome, always out to please and very friendly, made us feel like family. We stayed in San Juan 5 days and of the many places we ate this hands-down turned out to be the most authentic, best Spanish food we enjoyed during our vacation. many locals were dining there (always a good sign!) and there is a lovely open air courtyard inside in addition to the bar and dining room. JUST TERRIFIC IN EVERY WAY!

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Visiting Puerto Rico I went to this charming restaurant in the old San Juan. The environment was inviting and the place has a lot of character. The food was excellent, and the service was very friendly. Everything is fresh and authentic. The prices are reasonable, and we definitely enjoyed our time there. We were able to interact with the owner who is an amazing host and full of energy.

I will return, and make this a routine, when I come back to Puerto Rico. I highly recommend this place, Rosa De Triana.