“Fantastic”

Ranked #17 of 1,014 Restaurants in San Juan
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Pikayo is the flagship restaurant for Chef Wilo Benet. The restaurant has set standards and raised the level of luxury in fine dining in Puerto Rico. Pikayo combines exquisite taste with exclusive ambiance and unique creativity in its cuisine.Avant-garde and intrepid are two words that can be used to describe Chef Wilo Benet’s cuisine. Benet has redefined Puerto Rican cuisine and in the process has put the Island’s enchanting flavors on display for the whole world to admire.Pikayo uses the best ingredients from both sea and land. Enjoy favorites such as Maine Diver Scallops and Petit Duck Magaret.Chef Wilo and Pikayo have been featured on television and in many publications. Recently, Chef Wilo appeared as a guest judge on Bravo’s popular show, Top Chef. He followed up that experience by competing alongside other well-known chefs on Top Chef: Masters. Pikayo has also hosted Andrew Zimmern and his television show from the Travel Channel.
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Fantastic”
Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

The food was fantastic. I got the best green salad ever. The dressing was perfectly balanced. I might go back to just get the salad again before I leave. I got a delicious truffle pasta dish. It was extremely flavorful. I saw the chef and he looked familiar. After doing some research, I discovered that he is a famous chef. Now I understand why the food was so great.

Visited June 2014
Wilo B, Owner at Pikayo, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Best green salad ever? I'm flattered -- thank you for the compliments. The truffle pasta is pretty popular around here, so I'm glad you enjoyed it. If you're still around, we'd love to have you stop by again! and if you do please let me know when you come in . I would love to meet you.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Delicious Fancy Date Night!”
Reviewed June 18, 2014

Okay so you want a fancy or romantic dinner with a great atmosphere? Well Picayo has it. It is pricey but that is expected. It is fine dining and the staff were exceptional! My girlfriend and I stayed at the Condado where this restaurant is located. We went here one of our first nights. We decided on the chef's tasting menu and WOW was it amazing. The mixtures of the tastes were wonderful. You got a good amount at each setting and then the last few dishes you have a larger amount (if you are hungry). They had great wine as well. This was a very unique menu that also included local recipes. The owner made sure to stop by each table...and the chef came out...to say hello to customers and asked for feedback. There was a huge prom event going on in the hotel that night and you would have never known as this restaurant was set up so intimately and flowed wonderfully. I would definitely return and try out the main menus next time I stay there.

• Visited June 2014
Wilo B, Owner at Pikayo, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
A romantic dinner with a great atmosphere? That's what we're aiming for, so it's wonderful to read your review! I'm glad you and your girlfriend enjoyed the tasting menu and felt it was filling and flavorful. I hope you'll have another chance to dine with us again in the future!

Take care,
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Delicious Fancy Date Night”
Reviewed June 18, 2014

• Visited June 2014
Wilo B, Owner at Pikayo, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
I'm happy you and your girlfriend found the meal to be delicious and enjoyable. The chef's tasting is definitely the best way to experience the menu, so I'm glad you liked it. We have quite the team that works hard to make the atmosphere here what it is -- I'll make sure to pass along your compliments to them. Please stop in again soon to see us.

Vestavia Hills, Alabama
“Eating at Abuelas”
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Had the pleasure to go and eat at Picayos with my wife. Excellent staff and great ambiance. Appetizers were plentiful and tasty. Our main dish was outstanding and had the pleasure to meet and talk to the Chef Owner at length. His dishes reminded me of eating at my Abuelas who was an excellent cook heralding from the Basque region of Spain. Impeccable service and a great ambiance completed the evening

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank JuanFra G
Wilo B, Owner at Pikayo, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
I'm so happy I could give you a little nostalgia for your Abuela's cooking and make your dinner here with your wife so enjoyable. I really enjoy getting to talk to our customers, and we most definitely appreciate your feedback after the fact. Thanks for stopping in -- hope to see you again soon!

Miami, Florida
“babyMoon Get Away”
Reviewed June 6, 2014

We had dinner at Pikayo while in PR. The service is outstanding. The food was nothing out of this world. We enjoyed it very much but did not wow us. My husband had the biste encebolla (steak and onions) I had mushroom risotto. All delicious but nothing we hadn't had before. The valet service from the hotel is a pain.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank YAFalcon
Wilo B, Owner at Pikayo, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
While I'm glad you thought the service was outstanding, I'm sorry if we didn't knock it out of the park for you as far as the food was concerned. We always want to wow our guests, so I hope you'll give us another shot to impress you with a delicious meal more out of the ordinary menu in the future!