“Definitely a place for foodies! Yum!”
Review of Pikayo

Pikayo
Ranked #16 of 1,050 Restaurants in San Juan
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Pikayo is the flagship restaurant for Chef Wilo Benet. The restaurant has set standards and raised the level of luxury in fine dining in Puerto Rico. Pikayo combines exquisite taste with exclusive ambiance and unique creativity in its cuisine.Avant-garde and intrepid are two words that can be used to describe Chef Wilo Benet’s cuisine. Benet has redefined Puerto Rican cuisine and in the process has put the Island’s enchanting flavors on display for the whole world to admire.Pikayo uses the best ingredients from both sea and land. Enjoy favorites such as Maine Diver Scallops and Petit Duck Magaret.Chef Wilo and Pikayo have been featured on television and in many publications. Recently, Chef Wilo appeared as a guest judge on Bravo’s popular show, Top Chef. He followed up that experience by competing alongside other well-known chefs on Top Chef: Masters. Pikayo has also hosted Andrew Zimmern and his television show from the Travel Channel.
Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

We had a delightful meal here on vacation. The empanadillas were just okay but that was the only thing that was just average. We had the burrata which was a special that day which was my friend's favorite. We also tried the beef tenderloin alcapurrias...it was weird to have street food at this fine dining restaurant. I had the pompano fish special serviced with wild boar bacon jam (picture) and everyone agreed that the sauce was heavenly. My two friends both got the shrimp with polenta-the shrimp were ginormous. We liked everything and the wine wasn't horribly pricey either. This was our fancy night out on vacation and we were glad we came here. (Also, our concierge had messed up the reservation for 2 people instead of 3 but the restaurant created a table for us in the lounge which we found more comfortable than the formal dining room!)

Wilo B, Owner at Pikayo, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Thank you for spending part of your vacation with us. I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed a delightful meal with us. As you mentioned, we like to elevate traditional Puerto Rican dishes by incorporating unexpected ingredients and creative cooking techniques. It's nice to know you appreciated it. I hope you had a wonderful time in San Juan, and I look forward to your next visit.

Best wishes,

Reviewed March 21, 2014

The Pikayo's tasting menu is spectacular, as is the wine pairings. Chef Wilo visited our table several times and was very sweet. He encouraged us to tweak the tasting menu to our liking! There wasn't one thing we didn't like about the food, the decor, the service, the wine list, etc. You have to do it if you love food!

Wilo B, Owner at Pikayo, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

It was a pleasure meeting you, Peg! It's so nice to hear you describe our tasting menu as spectacular. I'll be sure to let the rest of the team know you appreciated their great service as well. Looking forward to your next meal with us!

Best wishes,

Reviewed March 21, 2014

My boyfriend and I had dinner there one night before we went out for the night. The food was really good. However, our server could try to put a smile on her face.

Wilo B, Owner at Pikayo, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2014

I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your dinner, Avani, but I apologize if the service was lacking in any way. It's never acceptable by our standards for a server to be rude or unfriendly. I appreciate your feedback -- I'll check in with the staff to make sure that we're making every guest's meal pleasant.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

We come to PR twice a year and eat here every time. For us, this is the number one restaurant in Puerto Rico.
In December we ate here twice. It is that good.
This time did not disappoint. Party of four this time. Table by the window, spectacular views. The room is so gorgeous. The service is top notch.
The food is extraordinary. All four of us had a seafood tasting menu with one course of over the top delicious pasta (Thank you once again Carlos for taking such good care of us). Every course was so good we were actually saying with great anticipation, "What do you think is coming next?" And of course every piece of fish was cooked perfectly.
The amuse bouche is even over the top delicious.
Chef Benet greets his guests making us feel welcome.
Thank you to Chef Benet, Carlos and the entire waitstaff and kitchen staff for another memorable meal.

Wilo B, Owner at Pikayo, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

Thank you so much for dining with us whenever you visit San Juan. It's an honor to hear that you think we're the number one restaurant in Puerto Rico. Of all the courses in our seafood tasting menu, what was your favorite dish?

It was a pleasure cooking for you, and I look forward to your next meal with us.

All the best,

Reviewed March 16, 2014

Long weekend get-a-way to celebrate my sister-in-laws 40th birthday, her husband chose Pikayo to celebrate her birthday dinner. We had a wonderful experience all around, from the wine to the appetizers to our entree and sides. The sea bass was probably one of the best meals I've ever had and the beans 'n rice side was amazing too. It was an expensive dinner, but hey - how often does your sister-in-law turn 40? ;)

Wilo B, Owner at Pikayo, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Thanks for celebrating with us, Gina! I'm so glad you and your family enjoyed a wonderful experience from the first sip of wine to the last bite of sea bass. It was a pleasure cooking for you, and I hope you get a chance to visit San Juan again soon.

All the best,