“Extraordinary”

Ranked #17 of 1,014 Restaurants in San Juan
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Pikayo is the flagship restaurant for Chef Wilo Benet. The restaurant has set standards and raised the level of luxury in fine dining in Puerto Rico. Pikayo combines exquisite taste with exclusive ambiance and unique creativity in its cuisine.Avant-garde and intrepid are two words that can be used to describe Chef Wilo Benet’s cuisine. Benet has redefined Puerto Rican cuisine and in the process has put the Island’s enchanting flavors on display for the whole world to admire.Pikayo uses the best ingredients from both sea and land. Enjoy favorites such as Maine Diver Scallops and Petit Duck Magaret.Chef Wilo and Pikayo have been featured on television and in many publications. Recently, Chef Wilo appeared as a guest judge on Bravo’s popular show, Top Chef. He followed up that experience by competing alongside other well-known chefs on Top Chef: Masters. Pikayo has also hosted Andrew Zimmern and his television show from the Travel Channel.
“Extraordinary”
Reviewed January 24, 2014

We ordered 6 different dishes. You could say we created our own tasting menu. Each dish was superb. We met the Chef. It was our anniversary and they gave us a complimentary glass of champagne. Nice touch. Nice restaurant.

Wilo B, Owner at Pikayo, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
I'm honored to hear you had an extraordinary dining experience, and I appreciate you celebrating your anniversary with us. Which dishes did you try? Any favorites? I hope I get the chance to cook for you again in the future.

chicago
“Not at all memorable.”
Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

Overall, my experience was not particularly appealing and I certainly do not wish to return or recommend this restaurant to others. Got seated by the exit, despite the relatively low occupancy. The menu is not particularly expansive and by 7 pm they were already out of my choice entree', the yellowfin tuna. I find this rather unprofessional in a restaurant that levies 40+$ per entree'. The appetizers and the dessert were tasty, but certainly nothing memorable. In sum, it is overly prized, overpriced, but well located.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank dadova
Wilo B, Owner at Pikayo, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
I'm disheartened to hear you had such a negative experience. We sincerely strive to offer our guests a special and memorable dining experience. We set high standards for ourselves, only serving exceptionally high quality ingredients. If we don't have enough high quality yellowfin tuna, we'd rather not serve it than serve a lower quality cut. Also, had we known that you found your table uncomfortably close to the exit, we would've been more than happy to re seat you. All of us are professionals and are very mindful about our customers' experience.

Best,
Baltimore, Maryland
“Best Meal Ever”
Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

We had a WONDERFUL 5 course meal with wine pairings. It was the best meal we had in Puerto Rico,and was on par with high end dining in New York and DC; Priced similarly too. I wish I could find the Tempranillo specially bottled for the chef here in Baltimore, MD. Suggestions??

Wilo B, Owner at Pikayo, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
I'm honored to know we served you the best meal you had in Puerto Rico. From our expert service to the attention and craft we put into our cooking, we want every guest to enjoy an exceptional dining experience. It was a pleasure cooking for you, and I look forward to your next visit. Thank you for inquiring about my wine brand Dobleu, currently available in PR only but El Horreo which is the retail operation of the local distributor may be able to ship. Tel: (787) 474-1400 Fax: (787) 474 1402

Miami, Florida
“Pikayo”
Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

We had a very nice time at the Pikayo. Once we arrived we had drinks at the bar. The bartender was very nice and kept us in a good mood. We really enjoyed our meals. The staff was great and very attentive.

Wilo B, Owner at Pikayo, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Thank you so much for recommending us. I'll be sure to let our bartending staff you appreciated their personable and attentive service. I hope you had a wonderful time in San Juan, and I look forward to your next visit.

“Orgasmic!”
Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

I walked in after a long tedious day of meetings...not only was the staff welcoming and Friendly? But the host stopped what he was doing to help me order the perfect meal to go! Order the shiitake risotto, it is probably the best thing I have ever tasted! The plantain stiffed with beef was also divine. No complaints here!

Wilo B, Owner at Pikayo, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Vandana, it was sincerely a pleasure reading your review. Considering you had such a long day, I'm thrilled you experienced welcoming and helpful service. Knowing that the shiitake risotto was the best thing you've ever tasted is the best compliment. It was a pleasure cooking for you, and I hope to see you back again soon.

All the best,