“Best Meal Ever”

Ranked #15 of 1,061 Restaurants in San Juan
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Pikayo is the flagship restaurant for Chef Wilo Benet. The restaurant has set standards and raised the level of luxury in fine dining in Puerto Rico. Pikayo combines exquisite taste with exclusive ambiance and unique creativity in its cuisine.Avant-garde and intrepid are two words that can be used to describe Chef Wilo Benet’s cuisine. Benet has redefined Puerto Rican cuisine and in the process has put the Island’s enchanting flavors on display for the whole world to admire.Pikayo uses the best ingredients from both sea and land. Enjoy favorites such as Maine Diver Scallops and Petit Duck Magaret.Chef Wilo and Pikayo have been featured on television and in many publications. Recently, Chef Wilo appeared as a guest judge on Bravo’s popular show, Top Chef. He followed up that experience by competing alongside other well-known chefs on Top Chef: Masters. Pikayo has also hosted Andrew Zimmern and his television show from the Travel Channel.
Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

We had a WONDERFUL 5 course meal with wine pairings. It was the best meal we had in Puerto Rico,and was on par with high end dining in New York and DC; Priced similarly too. I wish I could find the Tempranillo specially bottled for the chef here in Baltimore, MD. Suggestions??

Wilo B, Owner at Pikayo, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

I'm honored to know we served you the best meal you had in Puerto Rico. From our expert service to the attention and craft we put into our cooking, we want every guest to enjoy an exceptional dining experience. It was a pleasure cooking for you, and I look forward to your next visit. Thank you for inquiring about my wine brand Dobleu, currently available in PR only but El Horreo which is the retail operation of the local distributor may be able to ship. Tel: (787) 474-1400 Fax: (787) 474 1402

Best wishes,

Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

We had a very nice time at the Pikayo. Once we arrived we had drinks at the bar. The bartender was very nice and kept us in a good mood. We really enjoyed our meals. The staff was great and very attentive.

Wilo B, Owner at Pikayo, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Thank you so much for recommending us. I'll be sure to let our bartending staff you appreciated their personable and attentive service. I hope you had a wonderful time in San Juan, and I look forward to your next visit.

Best wishes,

Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

I walked in after a long tedious day of meetings...not only was the staff welcoming and Friendly? But the host stopped what he was doing to help me order the perfect meal to go! Order the shiitake risotto, it is probably the best thing I have ever tasted! The plantain stiffed with beef was also divine. No complaints here!

Wilo B, Owner at Pikayo, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2014

Vandana, it was sincerely a pleasure reading your review. Considering you had such a long day, I'm thrilled you experienced welcoming and helpful service. Knowing that the shiitake risotto was the best thing you've ever tasted is the best compliment. It was a pleasure cooking for you, and I hope to see you back again soon.

All the best,

Reviewed January 11, 2014

Chef Wilo Benet's flagship restaurant, Pikayo, in the Conrad Hilton Hotel on the Condado is hands down one of the premier restaurants in San Juan combining an elegant and original fusion of Caribbean and Continental haute cuisine. We returned there after a year's absence and and found the food, the service, and the ambiance to still be absolutely impeccable. The staff is efficient, gracious, and accomodating, but never hovering. There is no rush, and in the tradition of fine dining, one is allowed sufficient time between courses. My partner opted for the Chef's Tasting Menu which included a superbly done foie gras with ripe plantains and black truffle honey hors d'oeuvres, savory seafood items (scallops, shrimp, etc.) and a flan for desert. I had a lovely fennel salad, filets of branzini, and a first-class chocolate soufflé. As the restaurant has a wide variety of excellent wines available by the glass, we had different ones with each course. Chef Benet came out to talk with guests at each table, and it was clear that many of the diners were returnees like ourselves. Pikayo remains a "must" stop for us when visiting Puerto Rico which we do once or twice a year.

Wilo B, Owner at Pikayo, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Thank you so much for updating your review. I'm so happy to know that a year later, you enjoyed an even better dining experience with us. As you mentioned, it's our goal to offer our guests artfully crafted dishes that combines traditional Puerto Rican flavors with unexpected ingredients and creative cooking techniques. It's nice to know you appreciate the love we put into our cooking so much. It was pleasure meeting you, and I hope to see you back again soon.

All the best,

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Pretty restaurant at the Condado Plaza Hilton Hotel. The tapas were TINY, expensive and just OK. Salads were average. The truffle risotto the best dish! Fish entree was average. Desserts OK. Not running back.

Wilo B, Owner at Pikayo, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2014

I'm disappointed to hear that you weren't completely satisfied with your meal here. We source only the freshest ingredients and are very meticulous about our preparation, which is what our prices are based off of. That said, if you didn't love what you ordered, I'd love for you to come in and try something else from our menu. The Maine Diver Scallops, for example, are very popular.