“Wonderful dining”

Ranked #18 of 1,034 Restaurants in San Juan
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Pikayo is the flagship restaurant for Chef Wilo Benet. The restaurant has set standards and raised the level of luxury in fine dining in Puerto Rico. Pikayo combines exquisite taste with exclusive ambiance and unique creativity in its cuisine.Avant-garde and intrepid are two words that can be used to describe Chef Wilo Benet’s cuisine. Benet has redefined Puerto Rican cuisine and in the process has put the Island’s enchanting flavors on display for the whole world to admire.Pikayo uses the best ingredients from both sea and land. Enjoy favorites such as Maine Diver Scallops and Petit Duck Magaret.Chef Wilo and Pikayo have been featured on television and in many publications. Recently, Chef Wilo appeared as a guest judge on Bravo’s popular show, Top Chef. He followed up that experience by competing alongside other well-known chefs on Top Chef: Masters. Pikayo has also hosted Andrew Zimmern and his television show from the Travel Channel.
New York City, New York
“Wonderful dining”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Excellent menu, very delicious food, elegant atmosphere

Went twice, one of my two favorites in San Juan

Cannot wait to go back.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Lesdamesalice
Wilo B, Owner at Pikayo, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Thank you so much! It's so nice to know we're one of your favorite places to dine in San Juan. Can't wait for you to visit again as well!

Best wishes,

Honolulu, Hawaii
“Fine dining”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Located right inside the Hilton Condado Plaza hotel on the second floor, this place is well known and comes highly recommended. I had the lobster (which the waiter stressed was of the Caribbean variety and therefore its meat has more flavor but is slightly tougher than the Maine variety) which I truly enjoyed but could barely finish because it was a hearty serving and I was trying to save room for dessert.

Visited November 2013
Wilo B, Owner at Pikayo, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Thank you so much for recommending us on TripAdvisor. It's nice to know you appreciated the exceptional quality of our Caribbean lobster. It was a pleasure cooking for you, and I hope you get a chance to visit again soon.

Best,
Chicago, Illinois
“Worst $50 filet !”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Celebrating my daughters birthday we made reservations through our hotel the Ritz Carlton. When we arrived at Pikayo the staff insulted us as if we had no reservation. Rolling their eyes and giving us a hard time. I had to show them a print out of our reservation made through the hotel with whom it was confirmed. Perfect way to start dinner. I wanted to order beef tenderloin however the server insisted it was not a good choice and would be cooked medium well and I should order the filet. I ordered a medium rare filet for $50 and expected perfection. Instead, the steak could barely be cut with a knife and was a bloody raw mess inside. This is NOT a restaurant of distinction! Don't waste your time and go to the Meat Market. Delicious steaks that melt in your mouth. !

• Visited January 2014
4 Thank Cyndee41
Wilo B, Owner at Pikayo, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Cyndee,

I'm alarmed to hear about the service you experienced. The last thing I want is for any of our guests to feel mistreated or unappreciated. Our expert staff is trained to welcome our guests warmly and help them in any way possible. I'm also sorry you didn't enjoy the filet. I am almost certain what the waiter was trying to explain is that the beef tenderloin "bistec" can only be cooked medium well because its a local specialty that greatly resembles a scallopini in size therefore not allowing for other temperatures to be provided. I apologize if the message was not delivered appropriately. We only use the freshest and highest quality beef available, and cooked it medium rare as you specified. Had I known you were disappointed, I would've been happy to prepare an alternate dish for you.

Best,
Bayport, New York
“The best food I have ever ate!! ”
Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

This place is the most amazing restaurant I have ever been. The food is the best food I ever had and I have been at some of the best restaurants in New York and Paris. Service is second to none and the service is impeccable.

Wilo B, Owner at Pikayo, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Wow, the best food you've ever had! Thank you so much, Patricia. I'll be sure to let the rest of the team know you appreciate their impeccable service as well.

Best wishes,
Toronto, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great!”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

If you are going into a restaurant like this, first off you have to put price out of your mind. For an upscale restaurant, I was impressed. Nice wine selection and the food was fantastic. I had the shiitake mushroom risotto and my wife had the scallop ravioli....hers was tasty, but before long she was sneaking some of mine. Hands down the best risotto I've had. Entrees were sea bass for her and scallops for me. She received a healthy size portion which I was surprised to see in a restaurant of this caliber. My scallops were well cooked and tasty. I would easily eat here again. Service was very attentive as well.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank B C
Wilo B, Owner at Pikayo, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind review. I'm honored to know our shiitake mushroom risotto was the best you've ever had. It's our goal to offer our guests exceptionally delicious dishes composed with the finest ingredients available. It was a pleasure cooking for you, and I look forward to your next meal with us.

All the best,