“Incredible food, and utterly charming chef!”
Review of Pikayo

Pikayo
Ranked #14 of 1,006 Restaurants in San Juan
Cuisines: Latin, Puerto Rican, Caribbean
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Pikayo is the flagship restaurant for Chef Wilo Benet. The restaurant has set standards and raised the level of luxury in fine dining in Puerto Rico. Pikayo combines exquisite taste with exclusive ambiance and unique creativity in its cuisine.Avant-garde and intrepid are two words that can be used to describe Chef Wilo Benet’s cuisine. Benet has redefined Puerto Rican cuisine and in the process has put the Island’s enchanting flavors on display for the whole world to admire.Pikayo uses the best ingredients from both sea and land. Enjoy favorites such as Maine Diver Scallops and Petit Duck Magaret.Chef Wilo and Pikayo have been featured on television and in many publications. Recently, Chef Wilo appeared as a guest judge on Bravo’s popular show, Top Chef. He followed up that experience by competing alongside other well-known chefs on Top Chef: Masters. Pikayo has also hosted Andrew Zimmern and his television show from the Travel Channel.
Temperance, Michigan
“Incredible food, and utterly charming chef!”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Several of my daughters, my best friend and myself recently took a cruise with Royal Caribbean. We spent 3 days in San Juan at the Conrad Conando first. We ate dinner at Pikayos located in the hotel. Chef Wilo Benet was utterly charming and the food was incredible. One of my daughters sighed and said "I think this is the best steak I have ever eaten!" And indeed it was awesome. I would highly recommend anyone traveling to San Juan to try and make it to Pikayo's and Chef Benet's kitchen. It is pricey but worth it. You will not be disappointed. 5 stars!!!

Wilo B, Owner at Pikayo, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind review. I'm honored to know your daughter said that about our steak! How was the rest of your cruise? I hope you had a wonderful vacation and I look forward to your next visit to San Juan.

Best wishes,

Denver, Colorado
“Great signature wine - Great food”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Excellent signature Tempranillo wine ($45 bottle) and food. Definely a bit of a fancy restaurant, so don't go under dressed

Visited January 2013
Wilo B, Owner at Pikayo, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you Keith! Hope you get a chance to dine with us again soon!

Houston, Texas
“Wow. The best meal in San Juan”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I was invited to Pikayo celebrate my mentors successful career. The restaurant is located inside the elegant Conrad Hotel. Although we had a fixed set of choices there was absolutely no disappointment. I had the risotto appetizer which was truly excellent. The main dish was the Contessa Jumbo shrimp over Apio puree and spicy chorizo emulsion. this plate was to die for. To top it off I had a fantastic chocolate mousse. This is a must if you visit San Juan!

2 Thank Rodrigo M
Wilo B, Owner at Pikayo, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Rodrigo,

Thank you for celebrating your mentor's career with us. I'm honored to know you experienced the best meal in San Juan with us. All of us are dedicated to offering our guests a special and memorable dining experience. Of all the dishes you tried, which was your favorite?

Thank you for your review, and I hope you get a chance to visit again soon.

Dorado, Puerto Rico
“Best restaurant in the island!”
Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

Chef Benet is truly a culinary genius, the food is impeccable and the flavors are so unique you don't want the evening to end. Best service money can pay! Never leave without trying the Cheese Souffle!

Wilo B, Owner at Pikayo, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind review. I'm honored to know you had such a special and memorable dining experience. Besides the cheese souffle, which dishes did you try?

I hope you get a chance to dine with us again soon!

Florida
“The best swordfish ever”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

ON a recent trip to San Juan, I had the opportunity to go back to Pikayo and like on previous visits, I was not disppointed. I had the alcapurrias with beef as an apetizer and the swordfish as my main dish and it was extremenly enjoyable. Service is friendly and attentive and I would definitely go back.

Wilo B, Owner at Pikayo, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. I'm pleased to hear you've consistently found our food and service exceptional. I'll be sure to let the staff know you appreciate their friendly and attentive service. Looking forward to your next meal with us!

Best wishes,