“Great Experience!”

Marmalade Restaurant & Wine Bar
Ranked #2 of 1,100 Restaurants in San Juan
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Fortaleza Street
Transit: Bus Station is located only two blocks from the center of San Juan where Marmalade is located
Description: To preserve the Marmalade experience at the respect of our patrons the age requirement for children is 7 years or older. Marmalade serves tasting menus only of 4,5,or 6 courses. Guests are allowed to select their own course thus creating an individualized tasting menu. Each tasting menu at the table may be different. We don't offer a Ala Carte format for dining. Dinner will take a minimum of two hours at your Leisure. Groups of 6 people or more will be invited to taste Chef's seasonal tasting menu of 15 courses. Dress appropriately please, no shorts and beach sandals in the restaurant.
Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

When planning a trip to Puerto Rico, make reservations here! Best dining experience of my trip. We got the five course meal, and every course was amazing. Be sure to get the popcorn shrimp and bread pudding. Along with great food and atmosphere, the staff and service was great.

2  Thank 0405KAS1981
Write a ReviewReviews (4,303)

Reviewed June 27, 2014

My husband and I planned a last minute getaway to Puerto Rico, and of course the first place I went to plan a special dinner before our arrival was Tripadvisor. So after checking in, we headed over to Marmalade and I will say it was probably one of the best dinners I have ever had in my life.

The attention to detail, and explanation of the menu was wonderful and I decided to proceed with the four course tasting menu starting with the infamous Global Warming Cocktail. (I am now obsessed on learning how to make this wonderful cocktail at home). The joy of the meal is you can taste all of the ingredients described for each dish and not one dish was overly sauced like at so many restaurants. I am not a bean fan and followed our waitresses suggestion to try their White Bean Soup as my second course and it was actually my favorite part of my dinner. They even brought a small portion for my husband who enjoyed it as much as I did.

Yes what everyone says is true the Chef comes to every table and ensures that you enjoyed your meal and answers any questions you may have. The atmosphere was relaxed and we will most definitely be heading back again on our next trip (and maybe even twice) as far more relaxing and more enjoyable meal than what we had at 1919 two nights later

3  Thank 53VT
Reviewed June 27, 2014

My wife and I had a wonderful dinner at Marmalade. We were treated specially every step of the way by the entire staff, particularly our waiter "Eddie". We had the four course menu with the wine pairings, and I highly recommend this. The meal is an extraordinary experience. I appreciate that the owner/chef stopped by our table. He obviously cares deeply about his restaurant and diners.

It's nice to know there are still special restaurants like Marmalade. There are other places to get "good" food, but not at this level. Most of all, it's very rare to have such a complete dining experience such as this anymore. Really wonderful and highly recommended.

4  Thank reynoldsBA
Reviewed June 27, 2014

We heard from everyone we knew to try Marmalade. They were not kidding. This place is fabulous. We got the white bean soup (so worth it!), yellowfish poke, sea bass, and paella. The paella was different amd probably the only thing we wouldn't order again! The service was great, atmosphere fantastic, and the owner/chef was very personable. He went around to every table.

4  Thank Brittany T
Reviewed June 26, 2014

After a day of shopping in old San Juan we ended at BARED Jewelers. After shopping the owner himself came down to introduce himself and say hello and wish us well on out 20th anniversary. I asked him where to go for dinner. With out hesitation he said Marmalade down the block on the left. As we said our goodbyes and hit the street we headed straight for Marmalade. From the moment we walked in and were seated, to the end was the most memorable dining experience of our life. From our signature appetizer to our chicken and pork entrées, Chef Peter himself came out to deliver our appetizers as well as tell us about our entrées and where the organic chicken and pork were raised and purchased from. The red wine which was suggested paired excellently with our entrées. We finished with an organic raspberries and a strawberry rhubarb crisp which both were out of this world. The only thing left to say is that if you are ever in Puerto Rico, no matter where you are staying, Marmalade is well worth the trip and experience for the dining adventure of a lifetime.

4  Thank Chris V