“One of the top 3 meals we have ever had!”

Marmalade Restaurant & Wine Bar
Ranked #2 of 1,046 Restaurants in San Juan
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Fortaleza Street
Transit: Bus Station is located only two blocks from the center of San Juan where Marmalade is located
Description: To preserve the Marmalade experience at the respect of our patrons the age requirement for children is 7 years or older. Marmalade serves tasting menus only of 4,5,or 6 courses. Guests are allowed to select their own course thus creating an individualized tasting menu. Each tasting menu at the table may be different. We don't offer a Ala Carte format for dining. Dinner will take a minimum of two hours at your Leisure. Groups of 6 people or more will be invited to taste Chef's seasonal tasting menu of 15 courses. Dress appropriately please, no shorts and beach sandals in the restaurant.
Reviewed March 8, 2014

Marmalade is one of the top 3 meals we have ever had. I am a vegetarian and we got the 6 course tasting menu. Each meal was incredible and full of flavor. They don't skimp on portions. It was def. an unforgettable San Juan experience. It was my birthday and they made it very special. ..They gave us the best table in the house with rose petals.

I highly recommend this restaurant for vegetarians, as it is pretty difficult to find good vegetarian restaurants in puerto rico. You won't be disappointed. Also, the drinks are delicious. We had a fabulous experience here.

ps- you can use open table to make reservations.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

The chocolate tripleta was the best chocolate mousse I have ever had. Ditto to the white bean soup. The owner is a highly trained chef from a solid culinary school Ireland who mentored under a master. This will be a memorable meal.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

Our party of 6, a mix of first time and repeat visitors to Marmalade, enjoyed one of our best dining experiences. The Tasting Menu, while pricey, resulted in an amazing array of beautifully executed dishes, from tapas style courses to the entrees to desserts. We were hard pressed to select a "best dish" but were thrilled they still serve the unforgettable white bean puree. It was our last evening in San Juan and a perfect ending to a marvelous trip to PR..

Reviewed March 8, 2014

WOW! I eat out at high end restaurants regularly and it's not often a restaurant amazes me but Marmalade in San Juan did just that.
My husband and I were on a cruise from NYC as part of our honeymoon and with a bit of forward thinking booked ourselves a table here. I recommend you do the same if you're ever in San Juan and are a lover of great food.
We had a few expertly made cocktails by the very friendly mixologist. Once sat in the chic restaurant we ordered the tasting menu paired with wine. The service was informative and friendly. Every single course we ate was out of this world gorgeous. The signature white bean soup blew my mind it was just so extraordinarily flavourful so I happily pocketed the recipe card they gave us (which I still cannot quite master but my hubs is enjoying my efforts). As you can tell I would highly recommend a visit to this restaurant along with almost every other review I've ever read of this place!!

Reviewed March 6, 2014

I could not have had a more enjoyable 60th birthday dinner experience anywhere! Not only was our dinner solidly in the " food for entertainment " ( rather than food for fuel ) category, it was a delightful experience for all the senses. My wife and I selected options from the Chef's Tasting Menu ( with optional and obviously carefully selected wine pairings by the chef/owner, Peter Schintler ). With an emphasis on fresh vegetables and fruits, organic ingredients and local offerings, it was the originality of the menu, presentation, and the prompt, knowledgeable service ( thank you, Charlotte! ) that won the day. It did not go unnoticed that Chef Schintler, himself, without fanfare, presented and explained our main course dishes to our table - a nice touch that I will certainly relay to my own favorite southern Maine chefs. This restaurant, even more so after reading Chef Schintler's Bio, will always be on my " to do " list when in San Juan.