“San Juan's best”

Marmalade Restaurant & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Marmalade Restaurant & Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 1,045 Restaurants in San Juan
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Fortaleza Street
Transit: Bus Station is located only two blocks from the center of San Juan where Marmalade is located
Description: To preserve the Marmalade experience at the respect of our patrons the age requirement for children is 7 years or older. Marmalade serves tasting menus only of 4,5,or 6 courses. Guests are allowed to select their own course thus creating an individualized tasting menu. Each tasting menu at the table may be different. We don't offer a Ala Carte format for dining. Dinner will take a minimum of two hours at your Leisure. Groups of 6 people or more will be invited to taste Chef's seasonal tasting menu of 15 courses. Dress appropriately please, no shorts and beach sandals in the restaurant.
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Marmalade is the best restaurant we have ever visited -- ever. Each of our four courses was magnificent and memorable. Stunning dishes include the popcorn shrimp, the celebrated white bean soup, and the Moroccan lamb. The salads were also done to perfection. We are very grateful to have had the opportunity to have dinner here.

1  Thank WCTaylor
There are newer reviews for Marmalade Restaurant & Wine Bar

Reviewed January 20, 2014

I went recently with my parents and my daughter. The restaurant decoration is amazing, the ambiance, the food and the service was a must repeat experience. The signature dish consists of a white bean soup which was outstanding. It is truly the best restaurant in Old San Juan. The only downfall is that they don't offer valet parking service and the closest parking was about a 5-8 minutes walk. I did't mind at all but for elderlies is a little uncomfortable (specially after a bottle of wine) the walk to and from the restaurant. It would be better to make arrangements prior or take a cab. But in sincerity it is worth it!! Great culinary experience.

3  Thank MariaBravo
Reviewed January 19, 2014

I am amazed at caliber of restaurants in San Juan. #1 rating is well deserved. I just wish main course had been a little warmer.

Reviewed January 17, 2014

Excellent service. Extended visit by the chef. Spent time with kids helping them with their choices. Great meal.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

While on a cruise stopover my family of 4 had Christmas eve dinner at Marmalade's. It was possibly the best restaurant meal we ever had! We all had the 6 course tasting menu with wine pairing. What makes this so great was that every item we tried was "world class", the wine pairing was excellent and the service was excellent. For each course you had approximately 7 items to choose from. Each item had a different wine pairing so there were 6 changes of wine glasses during the meal.

Its very had to describe or highlight when everything was so perfect.

We started with appetizers, red snapper ceviche for my wife and I, popcorn shrimp for my son and Pacific yellow tail Poke for my daughter. Each was desceibed as the best they ever tasted.

Next we went to soups and pasta's. Their signature dish is a small white bean soup. I ordered something else but they brought out an extra one "just in case" I wanted to try it. Other items in this course included Paella, Risotto of Maine lobster, Foie Gras and handmade Gnocchi's which my Marine special forces son describes as "pillows from heaven".

Next on to "from land and sea".. Roasted Monkfish that tasted like lobster, scallops with tamari, eastern spices, lamb tagine (Moroccan braised lamb with couscous green olives and minted yogurt),beef tenderloin, Berkshirp pork cheeks with a pineapple-pabiano marmalade rub.

Time does not permit me to describe the unique sauses served with each dish or the unique vegetable combinations.

Chef/owner Peter Schintler visited out table just to see hoe we were doing (This with an absolutely full house).

We would visit San Jual just to eat here again.

2  Thank Tamjr