“Fine dining indulgence”

Marmalade Restaurant & Wine Bar
Ranked #2 of 1,046 Restaurants in San Juan
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Fortaleza Street
Transit: Bus Station is located only two blocks from the center of San Juan where Marmalade is located
Description: To preserve the Marmalade experience at the respect of our patrons the age requirement for children is 7 years or older. Marmalade serves tasting menus only of 4,5,or 6 courses. Guests are allowed to select their own course thus creating an individualized tasting menu. Each tasting menu at the table may be different. We don't offer a Ala Carte format for dining. Dinner will take a minimum of two hours at your Leisure. Groups of 6 people or more will be invited to taste Chef's seasonal tasting menu of 15 courses. Dress appropriately please, no shorts and beach sandals in the restaurant.
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Told by few tourists and locals to try this.
Surprised to see organic and gluten free items on menu.
There is a tasting course which few of us tried.Well sized portions. We ate way too much!
Staff is friendly and attentive to our group of 6.
Modern simple atmosphere. Casual long table dining up front. Table seating towards the back with flanking couch seating on the sides.
Waiter explained and knew the menu well.
Had to try the house dish. AND surprised to like it so much. Rich bean soup with pancetta dust & truffle. Would have been happy with just that! Friend had a second serving of this!
Lobster risotto was rich and smooth too.
Kale salad was bit over dressed.
Spaghetti squash was refreshing with the coconut foam.
The tripileta was indulgent rich, the crème brulee was well liked with the pb ice cream and gluten free cake was enjoyed too.
Too bad we didn't stay longer in town or we would have tried more of the menu!
Definitely would come back!

Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

I booked a table at this restaurant based on great reviews and was definitely not deceived!

My dinner was for an anniversary dinner, and when we arrived we had a nice booth style table at a corner decorated with rose petals and a nice candle. As we sat, Charlotte, our extraordinary waitress greeted us with a warming smile and congratulated us for our anniversary! That made us feel so special! Throughout the entire dinner, she was overly attentive and gave us such a nice service we felt so comfortable and happy!

We had the four course tasting menu and I just have to say, WOW! Every dish is so unique and different! My favorite was the lamb, it made me feel like was back in my beloved Lebanon!

Also, the portion in each course was perfect, by the time finished our 3rd course we felt as we had eaten the whole place! Yet, Charlotte said there's always room for desert, the fourth course, and yes there was! We followed her recommendation with the Tripleta Ice Cream and Banana Desert! Wow just delicious!

In summary, this restaurant deserves their position for such an amazing variety of dishes and flavors and its service is the cherry on top! We had the best anniversary dinner so far!

Reviewed December 5, 2013

Based on all the reviews on Tripadvisor I went to Marmalade during Thanksgiving week. To say that it exceeded expectations is a true understatement. The decor is elegant and simple, the seating is perfection, and whatever sound dampening materials they had installed...let me tell you, they work. The servers are knowledgeable, and ready to answer any and all questions about the food, the decor, or what to do while in Puerto Rico! My dining companion and I each had the 4 course pairing (plenty of food!) and I tried the Global Warming (amazing!). The portions were more than enough and sharing is recommended. I was especially thrilled with the banana bread pudding - I was licking the dish! We also had the yellow poke, the gnocci, the lobster risotto, the Tuscan bean soup, and for entrees the pork cheeks and tenderloin. All in all it was one of THE BEST meals I have ever had. Can't wait to go back next year!!

Reviewed December 5, 2013

To begin, I simply don't rave and fawn over restaurants like I'm about to. I enjoy dining out and good food of most type. I also feel that I have been around and know "a little".
Marmalade may be the best restaurant I've been too. The service is perfect. The food eclectic, interesting and relevant to the area. Signature white bean soup is flawless ! Don't skip it.
There was 4 of us in our party, not every dish was perfect. We had one dish on the salty side. Chef/Owner Peter is significantly involved in the dining room and came to our table twice. I was overly impressed; not just with his menu but with his genuine concern that we didn't enjoy "one" dish. Sure; most high-end places care to some degree. Not like this, totally different vibe here.
As you read other reviews for Marmalade, almost all are excellent. I believe Marmalade has the best rating in San Juan hands-down and it's well deserved. This place certainly doesn't need any additional praise, but I cannot imagine anyone visiting San Juan and not visiting Peter and his staff. You simply cannot pass this place up. For a "higher" priced restaurant; the value, service, atmosphere and overall food quality is beyond worth it. You'll feel great and almost honored to have spent your money here. TRUST ME !

Reviewed December 5, 2013

Family vacation and we came here for our thanksgiving dinner. We had the tasing menu. shared 6 appetizers which were amazing. and had entree followed up by sharing some tasty desserts. We all loved the white bean soup, great flavor and texture. We are so use the the NY hustle that service to me seem slowed. We started dinner at 6:30, after 6 apps, entree and dessert we left at 930. Service was great but I felt it was slow. You will love the food definitely a place to check out if you are in Old San Juan.