“#1 Dining Experience”

Marmalade Restaurant & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Marmalade Restaurant & Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 1,034 Restaurants in San Juan
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Fortaleza Street
Transit: Bus Station is located only two blocks from the center of San Juan where Marmalade is located
Description: To preserve the Marmalade experience at the respect of our patrons the age requirement for children is 7 years or older. Marmalade serves tasting menus only of 4,5,or 6 courses. Guests are allowed to select their own course thus creating an individualized tasting menu. Each tasting menu at the table may be different. We don't offer a Ala Carte format for dining. Dinner will take a minimum of two hours at your Leisure. Groups of 6 people or more will be invited to taste Chef's seasonal tasting menu of 15 courses. Dress appropriately please, no shorts and beach sandals in the restaurant.
Tortola
“#1 Dining Experience”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

I went to Marmalade with in a party of 5 and none of us had a bad word to say about our entire dining experience. We had the tasting menu with the wine pairing and it was absolutely amazing! The food was divine and was paired perfectly with the wines. Our waitress was very knowledgeable with the wines and her service was outstanding. The meal was a little pricey but totally worth it! I would highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited July 2013

Georgetown, Indiana
“A True Gem”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Having read many positive reviews on TripAdvisor, we simply had to try Marmalade. We were thoroughly pleased with our dining experience, which was even more than we expected. From the moment we were seated and my wife was offered a small stool for her purse (we'd never seen that before; not even at some of the "top 10 restaurants in the U.S."), to the frequent visits by the owner/chef and genuine discussions regarding our preferences, to the exquisite food, this was top-notch. As many have written before, you simply must have the white bean soup (truly divine). We enjoyed the six-course tasting menu with wine pairing; each course was beautifully presented and offered surprising tastes (watermelon with yellow poke ceviche, anyone?; yum!).

London
“Great Service, Great Food”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Dinner at Marmalade was a highlight of our trip to San Juan - the entire dining experience was positive and the food was fantastic.

As a party of 4, we had diverse eating habits - some avoid shellfish and pork, others avoid dairy - and yet there was truly something for everyone on the menu (and the staff was incredibly well versed in the ingredients of each dish).

Pros: 3 of the 4 diners ordered the tasting menu (4 course) with minor substitutions for the dietary restrictions listed above - the chef brought out a small salad for the one diner who did not order the tasting menu. This went above and beyond our expectations and set us up for a fantastic experience. Throughout the meal, we enjoyed short, but appropriate conversations with the chef around sustainable food practices and GMO free products. Our meals were balanced, portions appropriate, and dishes were brought out at the right pace. Surprisingly, one of the best dishes was the gnocchi and the seabass. The 'sushi' paella also topped our list.

Cons: We don't have any - it was a great meal and experience (from being seated early, to well balanced food, to appropriate and kind dialogue).

I'd also like to highlight that I love the Chef (and owners) take on kids dining at this restaurant - I think it's the perfect synopsis given the atmosphere, space, and end-to-end experience that the chef creates at the restaurant.

1 Thank scm1133
“Best place in Puerto Rico! Must go!!!!”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

My husband and I went last night to celebrate our honeymoon- upon arrival the staff had setup a special table with rose petals & the works! We had the six course tasting menu with wine pairings, it was phenomenal! Two of our favorite dishes were the pork cheek and sea bass! Our server Ray was attentive, knowledgable and wonderful! The chef, Peter also came and talked with us at our table which enhanced our experience! I would recommend this place to everyone, especially if you are a "foodie/wine lover" like my husband and I are!!!! One last thing, try the global warming cocktail... I'm still thinking about it!!

Boston, Massachusetts
“One of the top 5 meals in my life so far!”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Marmalade lives up to the hype! Our experience was fantastic from beginning to end the service, quality of food, presentation, timing of food delivery and ambiance was all world class. The white bean soup was amazing, but my wife is a pescetarian so they accommodated her needs. I had the halibut cheeks for an entree and my wife had the sea bass. Both dishes were amazing.

They made a couple modifications to the standard wine pairings based on my feedback. The wine pairings were spot on and really took each dish to the next level.

Our only regret was that we stayed with the chocolate tripleta and bread pudding instead of going out on a limb and trying the blueberry/lavender no-no. The desserts were great, but we wish we would have tried this. I guess we'll have to go back!

I believe the 5 course was $69/person + $41/person for wine pairings. It was 100% worth it.

1 Thank Ryan W