Marmalade Restaurant & Wine Bar
Ranked #2 of 1,049 Restaurants in San Juan
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Fortaleza Street
Transit: Bus Station is located only two blocks from the center of San Juan where Marmalade is located
Description: To preserve the Marmalade experience at the respect of our patrons the age requirement for children is 7 years or older. Marmalade serves tasting menus only of 4,5,or 6 courses. Guests are allowed to select their own course thus creating an individualized tasting menu. Each tasting menu at the table may be different. We don't offer a Ala Carte format for dining. Dinner will take a minimum of two hours at your Leisure. Groups of 6 people or more will be invited to taste Chef's seasonal tasting menu of 15 courses. Dress appropriately please, no shorts and beach sandals in the restaurant.
Reviewed August 1, 2013

This is a really spectacular place!! The ambiance, service and food are just remarkable. We had diners ranging from 12 to 81 years old, and everyone loved their choices. We made a reservation, and I asked if we could order al a carte, the chef actually called and was very accommodating. He even stopped by our table during the meal. Really one of the best dining experiences I've ever had.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,150)

Reviewed July 31, 2013

We had such a great meal here we went back twice. The food was fresh and delicious. Service was great. I'd highly recommend the Global Warming cocktail.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

This place is awesome.. . .we had popcorn shrimp, ceviche, pear dish and the seabass.. .. We had eaten here and this place is amazing. We definitely will come back again

Tip 1: MAKE reservations this place is very popular and reservations are a must as walkins are impossible
Tip 2: Take cab to restaurant if not staying in old town as parking is difficult and traffic is crazy especially on weekends

Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

8 months ago my partner and I became vegans. Recently we took a trip to Puerto Rico. We heard that Marmalade offers vegan options and so we made reservations for our last night in San Juan. The only complaint I have is that we didn't make reservations the 1st night so we would have known how amazing it is and have dinner a 2nd time while there. We were given a menu that has a whole page of vegetarian options. Every item on there except for one can be made vegan. We were so excited! We ordered the 5 course tasting menu and wished we would have gotten the 6 course. The food was beyond delicious. The flavors were out of this world and truthfully it is the best vegan meal
we've had since going vegan. The raw cauliflower with the red lentil purée was my absolute favorite. What we loved most about this restaurant though is that it has a full menu for both meat and non-meat eaters. In the SF bay area what we struggle with most is finding a restaurant that will satisfy a group of us. We don't just want to eat out at restaurants with vegans! Restaurants with options for both is something we long for. Thank you Marmalade for being so open minded and for making insanely good food!

1  Thank ColleenHope
Reviewed July 25, 2013

My husband, sister-in-law, and I dined here two nights ago. The service was outstanding, but even better was the food! I had the best meal of all three. It was a stuffed bell pepper and the spices combined together to make magic with my taste buds. The chef was very hospitable. He came and spoke to us about the different specials and described each entree like a work of art--and it was!

1  Thank Joy M