“Creative cooking at its best!”

Marmalade Restaurant & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Marmalade Restaurant & Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 1,033 Restaurants in San Juan
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Fortaleza Street
Transit: Bus Station is located only two blocks from the center of San Juan where Marmalade is located
Description: To preserve the Marmalade experience at the respect of our patrons the age requirement for children is 7 years or older. Marmalade serves tasting menus only of 4,5,or 6 courses. Guests are allowed to select their own course thus creating an individualized tasting menu. Each tasting menu at the table may be different. We don't offer a Ala Carte format for dining. Dinner will take a minimum of two hours at your Leisure. Groups of 6 people or more will be invited to taste Chef's seasonal tasting menu of 15 courses. Dress appropriately please, no shorts and beach sandals in the restaurant.
Miami, Florida
“Creative cooking at its best!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We got there early and had drinks before dinner. Very creative bar. Jimmy Hendrix and Global Warming drinks are great. Jalapenos and chili in your cocktail? Yes!... and so well done! For dinner we had the four course degustation menu, and we really enjoyed every bite. Their signature soup is delicious, and the most memorable (and I don't usually go for sweets) was the warm banana and butterscotch bread pudding...

Baltimore, Maryland
“Felt like a celebrity!”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

My wife and I dined at Marmalade to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary while vacationing in Puerto Rico. From the moment we arrived, we knew this was going to be a special evening. They setup a special table for us, with rose pedals on the table. We were seated on a couch with about 20 pillows to prop us up. We felt like celebrities as everyone looked at us and congratulated us on our anniversary.

In terms of food, as many reviews have stated, the entire dinner was excellent. Our waiter explained the menu and the different options available. My wife, who is a vegetarian, was able to have items to make a 4 course dinner while I opted for the 5 course menu. All dishes were excellent and we were very full by the time we left. I would definitely recommend Marmalade to anyone celebrating a special occasion!

• Visited June 2013
Rye Brook, New York
“Beautiful environment and fantastic food”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

The food at Marmalade was delicious, creative, exquisite. It was the kind of meal you had to eat slowly, savor every bite and enjoy the flavors in each course....the service was outstanding...the ambiance was romantic, modern and fun. Wonderful to celebrate a special occasion...you will be treated like royalty!

Effort, Pennsylvania
“"totaly wonderfull"”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I had made reservation back in Jan/2013. for my mom's 80th birthday and a family reunion. I must say the place is extremely beautiful. I was looking for a place that was not over crowed w/ tourist and this place is quite private. It is small but welcoming if u want to get away from the crowds. THIS IS THE PLACE.The staff was very attentive to our request/needs and very friendly. The chef came over and spoke to us and that made feel special, since our group was very large we had the tasting menu w/ a main course as well as all the dessert in the menu. We all love it. I loved it they made our family as well as my mom feel special. The best was when one of the waiter suggest to bring a my mom a crème bread pudding with a candle so we all can sing happy birthday I thought that was special of him to do that. I highly recommend this restaurant and I will definitely will go back and eat there again.. Thanks for making my Mom's day so special...

Visited June 2013
1 Thank marimel688
“What can we say that hasn't ready been said? Amazing!”
Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

Best meal we have had in San Juan- global warming drinks not to be missed- truffle pasta was the best pasta I have ever had- enjoyed lots of vegetarian options- great service-great atmosphere - expensive, but worth it!!

1 Thank Xtinaroyal