“"totaly wonderfull"”

Marmalade Restaurant & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Marmalade Restaurant & Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 999 Restaurants in San Juan
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Fortaleza Street
Transit: Bus Station is located only two blocks from the center of San Juan where Marmalade is located
Description: To preserve the Marmalade experience at the respect of our patrons the age requirement for children is 7 years or older. Marmalade serves tasting menus only of 4,5,or 6 courses. Guests are allowed to select their own course thus creating an individualized tasting menu. Each tasting menu at the table may be different. We don't offer a Ala Carte format for dining. Dinner will take a minimum of two hours at your Leisure. Groups of 6 people or more will be invited to taste Chef's seasonal tasting menu of 15 courses. Dress appropriately please, no shorts and beach sandals in the restaurant.
Effort, Pennsylvania
“"totaly wonderfull"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

I had made reservation back in Jan/2013. for my mom's 80th birthday and a family reunion. I must say the place is extremely beautiful. I was looking for a place that was not over crowed w/ tourist and this place is quite private. It is small but welcoming if u want to get away from the crowds. THIS IS THE PLACE.The staff was very attentive to our request/needs and very friendly. The chef came over and spoke to us and that made feel special, since our group was very large we had the tasting menu w/ a main course as well as all the dessert in the menu. We all love it. I loved it they made our family as well as my mom feel special. The best was when one of the waiter suggest to bring a my mom a crème bread pudding with a candle so we all can sing happy birthday I thought that was special of him to do that. I highly recommend this restaurant and I will definitely will go back and eat there again.. Thanks for making my Mom's day so special...

Visited June 2013
1 Thank marimel688

“What can we say that hasn't ready been said? Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

Best meal we have had in San Juan- global warming drinks not to be missed- truffle pasta was the best pasta I have ever had- enjoyed lots of vegetarian options- great service-great atmosphere - expensive, but worth it!!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Xtinaroyal
St. Petersburg Florida
“Best food and service ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

Given the past reviews on this restaurant, I had high expectations. I was not dissappointed! What an amazing meal and the service was 5 star. My niece and I had the four course meal, so we could try as many dishes as possible. I had the wine pair. The beet salad was delicious! The truffle pasta was the best! And the lamb impeccable. As for the service, our wait staff was attentive, knowledgeable and adorable. Thank you for a wonderful experience.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank WenAccardi
NY
“love the vibe and food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

We had a great meal here and loved the fact that the owner and his wife were so involved wit the clientele. Try the global warming cocktail and the lobster risotto, delish! Trying to recreate that drink at home.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank MAMMAONE94
Jacksonville, FL
“Incredible restaurant, incredible experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

My wife and I visited here for my birthday while we were staying in San Juan. Start to finish, one of the best restaurant eeriences we've ever had. Not only was the food incredible, but we had a five minute conversation with the head chef talking about the menu, the island, and more.

We started with popcorn shrimp and their R3 appetizers. Both were incredible, but I loved the extra touches on the shrimp dish. The tequila soaked lime was the crown jewel to that appetizer. We followed with snapper and steak dishes. The cheese grits were insanely good. I could eat just those for a meal! Our final course was peanut brittle creme brûlée and a "no-no" cake. The cake was a recipe the chef made for his daughter with no typical cake ingredients. It was such a unique treat!

If you're looking for a special treat in Old San Juan that isn't Criollo food, I definitely recommend it!

Visited June 2013