“Best food I've ever had”

Marmalade Restaurant & Wine Bar
Ranked #2 of 1,048 Restaurants in San Juan
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Fortaleza Street
Transit: Bus Station is located only two blocks from the center of San Juan where Marmalade is located
Description: To preserve the Marmalade experience at the respect of our patrons the age requirement for children is 7 years or older. Marmalade serves tasting menus only of 4,5,or 6 courses. Guests are allowed to select their own course thus creating an individualized tasting menu. Each tasting menu at the table may be different. We don't offer a Ala Carte format for dining. Dinner will take a minimum of two hours at your Leisure. Groups of 6 people or more will be invited to taste Chef's seasonal tasting menu of 15 courses. Dress appropriately please, no shorts and beach sandals in the restaurant.
Reviewed May 26, 2013

This by far was my best dining experience. We ordered the four course tasting menu. You could order an appetizer, an intermediate, entree and dessert. The lobster risotto was great and the paella sushi rolls were delicious. The best part of the meal was the creme brûlée with the peanut brittle ice cream. I almost licked the bowl. Be prepared to drop at least $150.00.

1  Thank David L

Reviewed May 25, 2013

Recently I went with a group of 12 people, when you have 10 or more in your party you are obligated to get the tasting menu.
A first glance I was not happy with the menu and thought I would end up leaving hungry and having to get something else where. WRONG.
The food was all delicious.
It seemed as though it was never going to end.
The tasting menu consists of at least 6 shared items, plus you order your own entree. While we were enjoying the seemingly never ending tasting menu, I thought "I ordered an entree, how am I going to eat that?" It was all fantastic.
The popcorn shrimp - yummy!
Carmel corn dessert - excellent.
I had the lamb entree - fantastic.

Highly recommend! If you don't have a group of 10 - find more, you'll want to do the tasting menu.

1  Thank CAevents
Reviewed May 24, 2013

We ate here tonight and it was really really good. We did not have reservations but they let us sit in the lounge. We ordered the 4 course tasting menu and shared each course. I recommend the pork cheek, it was fantastic.The food is creative and unique. Truely awesome!

1  Thank Leslielankford
Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

This place is amazing. The chef is phenomenal and very innovative with the entrees. Everything was fantastic!

1  Thank MySharonaOchoa
Reviewed May 23, 2013

My husband and I ate here while vacationing in San Juan during part of our honeymoon. We were staying just across the street at Casablanca Hotel and had read about Marmalade in Lonely Planet and heard about it from several locals. We wandered in one evening to have a fancy cocktail and try an appetizer. We sat at the bar and ordered two of the most delicious drinks we have ever had! Before we even finished our appetizer and drinks we were asking the bartender if they had any reservation openings for the next night. Thankfully they did!
We returned the next night and each ordered from the tasting menu. Every single dish was to die for!!! Such creative dishes with beautiful ingredients... they even (happily) customized our orders to be gluten-free. We left speechless!
As we walked in to our hotel lobby, we noticed our server was right behind us. Apparently, I was so wrapped up in the food that I forgot that I had left our camera (full of our honeymoon photos) on my seat. Our server remembered us mentioning that we were staying across the street and ran it over to us. We were so grateful!
My husband and I still dream about the incredible food we ate at Marmalade... it is a MUST VISIT when in San Juan.