“Excellent ambiance, food and service”
Review of The Parrot Club

The Parrot Club
Ranked #50 of 1,014 Restaurants in San Juan
Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin, Puerto Rican
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Parrot Club is a nuevo Latino bistro and bar in the SOFO area of Old San Juan on Fortaleza Street. The Parrot Club is a longtime favorite of locals and visitors who enjoy a fun, friendly atmosphere, delicious Latin flavors and wonderful cocktails.Established in 1996, The Parrot Club quickly became a San Juan classic and a SOFO standard. Featuring innovative nuevo Latino cuisine from Chef Guillermo Gonzalez, the Parrot Club's menus spice up classic Latino dishes by combining fresh, local ingredients with modern culinary preparations. This results in flavors that are fresh and exciting. Try the Ropa Vieja Nachos, Pan Seared Shrimp with Arroz Chifa and our own Chocolate Coco Tres Leches.The impressive long blue bar is a scene in itself. Don't miss our world famous Parrot Passion, a frozen blend of Bacardi Limon, fresh orange and passion fruit juice or our classic mojitos.The Parrot Club was designed to take advantage of the colonial architecture of the building with its huge archways and tall beamed ceilings. The colorful art and design is vibrant and happening. Look into the open kitchen or step out to the lovely palm filled courtyard, perfect for private events or dining under the stars.With live Latin Jazz, a terrific weekend brunch, and family friendly lunch daily, there is always something going on in this exciting restaurant.
San Juan Metro Region, Puerto Rico
“Excellent ambiance, food and service”
Reviewed April 24, 2014

The staff was very professional and attentive. Carlos was great! The nachos are a must try! not your average tortilla chips and ground beef, these are a towering pile of crisp plantain chips layered with Ropa Vieja and all the fixings. I brought clients there and they were overall very impressed.

Visited April 2014
Emilio F, Owner at The Parrot Club, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
So happy to hear our nachos hit the spot, Katie! It sounds like everything from our food to our service left you impressed, and I couldn't be happier to hear it. You can be sure I'll pass along your kind words to Carlos -- your compliments will absolutely make his day. Hope to see you again soon!

Chicago, Illinois
“Go for a Drink!”
Reviewed April 24, 2014

We stopped in for a drink at the famous Parrot Club. We had a great time chatting and just hanging out with the bartenders. We were there during what seemed like their shift change, but no worries, they were happy to talk in between their tasks and made sure we were happy and well hydrated :).

Emilio F, Owner at The Parrot Club, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
You can always count on us to keep you well-hydrated. After all, a day of exploring San Juan calls for a few cocktails! I'm so happy to hear you were impressed with our staff. I'll be sure to pass along your kind words to everyone. Hope to see you the next time you're in San Juan!

Concord, New Hampshire
“Fantastic Fish Taco”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

We actually ate here twice the week we were in Puerto Rico. My husband LOVED their Fish Tacos and our friends enjoyed their food and the Rum drink also! The art on the wall was interesting and the location was perfect for discovering and enjoying Old San Juan.

Emilio F, Owner at The Parrot Club, responded to this review, April 26, 2014
Twice in one visit? So happy to hear you guys loved our food enough to come back for round two! It sounds like our fish tacos were the real winner of the evening -- we can't get enough of them either! We'll hope to see you again the next time you're in San Juan.

Catharpin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing Bar at the Parrot Club”
Reviewed April 19, 2014

My wife and I were in San Juan for two days before a cruise, and wanted to bar hop...had an amazing time at the Parrot club. The bartender, Diana was a blast...and gave us a tour through the local beers and rums...too many to count, not that we could keep count by the end of the night! A must go. We didn't eat there, but everything that came out looked and smelled wonderful!!!!

Emilio F, Owner at The Parrot Club, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Thanks for the stellar review, Jeffrey! Sounds like Diana was able to get your night started off right, and I couldn't be happier to hear it. You'll definitely have to come back for round two so you can try our food offerings -- something tells us you'll be a fan!

Mays Landing, New Jersey
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I started off with a fantastic rum drink - can't remember the name of it - an proceeded to have two more. My waiter Jose was very observant and must have noticed I was having quite stressful conversation on the telephone; my mother had just advised me that my father had taken ill. Immediately thereafter Maria (the owner I presume) quietly walked over to my table and gratiously offered a drink on the house. Little did she know that I truly needed that second drink. As an only child with aging parents I am always worried about "what" may happen when I get the wanderlust and go out-of-town. I ordered Empanadas de Chorizo, which is an appetizer, to eat along with my wonderful drink. In fact, I had a second order they were so delicious. The kindness exhibited to me by Jose and Maria will never be forgotten for they turned a quite upsetting day into a wonderful experience. If and when I return to Puerto Rico I will make sure to visit The Parrot Club once again. Customer service is very important in the restaurant and when one is travelling solo, such as I, an act of kindness along with a great drink and appetizer, goes a long way. I give the Parrot Club a big thumbs up! Thank you Jose and Maria.....

Emilio F, Owner at The Parrot Club, responded to this review, April 20, 2014
Thank you for this incredibly kind review! We do our best to make sure our customers feel well cared for when they dine with us, and I couldn't be happier to hear that Jose and Maria were able to do just that. Best wishes for you and your family -- we'd love to see you all in San Juan!