“Bad service and food”

Ranked #175 of 1,264 Restaurants in San Juan
Cuisines: Italian, Latin
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Founded in 1976 Via Appia's is the Authority for Pizza and Sangrias in the Condado Area. Specializing in Italian Food, Pizza, The Biggest Deli Sandwiches in Condado and of course our Lethal and Vicious Red or White Sangrias! We offer 2 seating areas (indoor and outdoor). Available is also a bar where most likely you will find a Yankees Game on, since the owners are true Yankees Fans.
Reviewed April 12, 2019 via mobile

Just came back from this place, and quite surprise how its rated as 4* in trip advisor.
I've waited a couple minutes at the entrance, and no one came. So i entered and tried to call a waiter's attention to have a table, the guy didn't even saw my face and just pointed out an open table.
Ok, i don't expect the man to ask me how I am doing or being overly friendly, but i expect to have a normal conversation at least.
Anyways, took the menu and looked for the seafood options, as written in the awning (can see in the picture), and another surprise. Where's the seafood??? Basically there were only italian options. If there was a different menu for seafood, no one provided me.
So ordered a penne with meatballs and a salad. A beer for drink.
Salad came early, too acid imo. Also no idea what dressing they used, but wasnt good.
Drank all the beer, the waiter saw the empty bottle and... Nothing. I would ask another one but at that time, just wanted to eat and get out.
The main dish came, and they almost put me a gnoch instead. Had to say that i ordered the meatball dish. Ok, happens.
And.. The meatball itself was ok.. Had much better ones in other restaurants around the world. But what frustrated me was the penne. Clearly it was those cheap pasta from regular supermarkets.
For a restaurant that advertizes as italian, i would expect at least a handmade pasta, not that cheap ones anyone can make at home.
The price at least was cheaper than the average in the region for a meal, which is why i gave 2*, not 1.
Anyway won't be back and don't recommend. I really think that they rely on regular customers to have this overall positive review. Mostly older customers and/or families. Maybe they do provide a better service for groups, I don't know.
Worst experience in San Juan at this point after a week here.

Date of visit: April 2019

Reviewed April 5, 2019 via mobile

This place has amazing pizza... I hate lots of tomato sauce and my husband loves lots of sauce.. this was a perfect mixture of both... we had the Hawaiian Pizza .. it was yummy and Cheesy... (cheesy in a good way)... a must have in San Juan (Condado) .. Excellent Service and friendly staff.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed March 30, 2019 via mobile

Wonderful find. Low key, great pizza, and prices. Staff was wonderful. May have to go back again tomorrow.

Reviewed March 26, 2019 via mobile

You can have it all here from great pizza/pasta to yummy Puerto Rican food. Very nice tables outside and attentive service. They accept reservations which I would suggest. Nice and casual

Reviewed March 13, 2019

Very varied menu from pizza to Filet Mignon and about two pages of Italian specialties as alternatives. Plus if you like wine, these guys have a huge selection and at very fair prices.. Linguine with white clam sauce is excellent as well. Even the meatballs with garlic bread were outstanding. I visit here every time I come to Condado and they've been around for decades. Doesn't that tell you why?