“Best NY Sirloin Steak in town”
Review of Via Appia

Via Appia
Ranked #166 of 1,261 Restaurants in San Juan
Cuisines: Italian, Latin
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Founded in 1976 Via Appia's is the Authority for Pizza and Sangrias in the Condado Area. Specializing in Italian Food, Pizza, The Biggest Deli Sandwiches in Condado and of course our Lethal and Vicious Red or White Sangrias! We offer 2 seating areas (indoor and outdoor). Available is also a bar where most likely you will find a Yankees Game on, since the owners are true Yankees Fans.
Reviewed March 13, 2019

Very varied menu from pizza to Filet Mignon and about two pages of Italian specialties as alternatives. Plus if you like wine, these guys have a huge selection and at very fair prices.. Linguine with white clam sauce is excellent as well. Even the meatballs with garlic bread were outstanding. I visit here every time I come to Condado and they've been around for decades. Doesn't that tell you why?

Date of visit: March 2019

Reviewed March 8, 2019

Nice place to eat in the Condado area. We had a very good pizza, it had lots of cheese. If you come by car there is a parking lot next to it, or another one half block away.
It is a busy restaurant, not too noisy nevertheless, very fast and good service. You can eat in the terrace facing the street or inside.
I recommend it.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed February 19, 2019

This was so good we ate here twice in the one week we vacation in San Juan! In 2017 & 2018 we also ate here so we are returning customers. The 1st time we shared the pizza (with mushrooms) with a nice bottle of Chianti. The wine cost more than the pizza, however, it was worth it! The pizza was perfect and the outside dining area was very nice. Later in the same week, we decided to go back. This time I had the Grouper with Creole sauce (my favorite dish on the menu) and my husband had the Eggplant parmesan with linguine. We ordered the same Chianti wine again. Both of us thought the meals were very good, and priced very reasonably. The atmosphere is very casual with a lot of families eating pizza. However, the atmosphere was not loud. We splurged on the wine choice. The service was also very attentive for both meals.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed January 13, 2019 via mobile

Recommended from a friend. Did not think we'd eat pizza in San Juan but after 4 hours in the ER and a broken arm, this sounded like heaven. I was covered in mud (dry) from my fall but needed to eat, and it was late. Great service, happy we got to try it out!

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed December 24, 2018 via mobile

Genuinely do not understand the glowing reviews. Service is fine (but slow) but food was, at best, average. Partner has veal that was tough. I had ziti and meatballs. The pasta is the boxkind so not soft and fresh. The meatballs were definitely frozen as had that watery texture and the sauce just had not much flavour. Tasted no better than pasta at home with canned sauce.

Date of visit: December 2018